Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Help with Painter 7

Old 04-13-2002, 04:51 PM
Thumbs down

Hey, that's great Carrie. I'm glad you got things going. Now you can start playing around with Painter. It is kind of neat and if you have a Wacom you can definately get all the features to work in Painter like the tilt feature. Also when you check out how neat those image hose nozzles can be, there are lots of places you should be able to download extra nozzles. Have fun and let us know how you like it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2002, 06:17 PM
Painter 7 - another website; training comments

Carrie: Glad you're moving again...

One of the great things about forums like this is that many times somebody else has already encountered (and solved) the problem at hand, or at least can point you to other resources.

Speaking of which... -- here's a couple more sites to check if you haven't already...

The person who developed/maintains the following site (Karen Sperling) appears to be a real Painter whiz... you might check it out to see if any of her CDs (or other services) might be worth a look.

Before I got Painter 7, I tried 5 and 6 (but, believe it or not) they would not run on a PC with more than .5MB of RAM. In the mean time I picked up a few books on painter, Painter 5 FX, Painter 6 FX and The Painter 6 WOW book. These are quite good for beginners. (I'm a total Painter rookie.) There's a couple Painter 7 specific books available through the major online booksellers, e.g., or, but new editions are pretty spendy.

It appears that a lot of the functionality of 5, 6 was carried forward into 7, so if your company is a little tight on training/education $$, you could probably get the version 5 or 6 books real cheap vs. 7, and still get quite a bit of value from them.
This site has become my favorite site to shop for discount Painter and Photoshop books.
can be another good source for discount Painter and Photoshop books if you're into online auctions.

Happy Painter Trails!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2002, 08:58 PM
Wacom has some tutorials specifically for Painter also that are worth checking out. Go to the tips page and you should be able to choose which program tutorials you want such as Photoshop, Painter etc.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software