RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Help with Painter 7

Old 04-13-2002, 07:49 AM

Help with Painter 7

My job asked me to learn to use the Painter 7 software to enhance photo portraits. They bought the software for me and I'm having a problem already! The interface looks as if it's highlighted in...a teal color and if I bring up a New file it's also teal?! Someone told me this could be a video driver problem??

Apart from that, does anyone know of a good place for Painter 7 tutorials or have a suggestion for how to get started....or ANY thoughts on or examples of Painter 7 in action?

Carrie
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2002, 09:51 AM

Carrie,
I'm have Painter 6. I don't use it very often so I can't help you with your teal problem but here are some sites for tutorials.

Painter On-Line

Painter Resources

Odd 'n' Ends Tutorials

Talking Graphics Painter Forum

Talking Graphics Painter tutorials

Procreate Painter 7 tour

Hope these help you out. Some have Painter 6 tutorials but it's basically the same.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2002, 10:01 AM

DJ, ok, thanks, so never mind the whiney private message I sent just now. These sites should come in handy, if I could only get the software to work....

But anyone out there know how to update the video driver so that it might read my Painter 7 software??
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2002, 10:10 AM

Carrie,

To update the video driver, you'll need to know which video card you have - then go to the manufacturer's website and look for either "downloads" or "drivers" or something similar. Most manufacturer's post driver updates on their websites for free download.

Good luck!

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2002, 11:12 AM

Jeanie, have I told you lately that I love you? I knew it was something like that but wasn't sure how to go about it. I may be jumping the gun here as I've yet to go do it, but...I have a feeling.

TY!!!
Carrie
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2002, 11:17 AM

ok...I have a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 4X AGP Graphics Card (yes, I'm stupid) Is this what I need to update?
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2002, 11:42 AM

painter green

Hi Carrie:

Here's some info that should get you moving in the right direction.

===========
Corel/Procreate Newsgroups
===========
Invaluable for their products. Great resource for posting tech questions, finding out about patches, getting info on books, tutorials, etc. Very active place & fast answers.

http://www.corel.com/support/options...newsgroups.htm

===========
Patch for 7.0.
===========
If you haven't installed this yet, you'll need to deinatall Painter 7, reinstall it and (before opening it the first time), install this patch:

http://www.procreate.com/go/painter_update/index.html

===========
Possible fix for goofy screen colors, try this:
===========
Had the same problem. The following change fixed it for me.

Menu – EDIT/PREFERENCES/WINDOWS…

(x) No Device Dependent Bitmaps

===========
If this Preferences setting doesn't do it, try 'lowering' the refresh rate just a smidge on your monitor. (This worked for some folks who posted a similar question on the Painter newsgroup - see above.)

If neither of these do it, I'd hike on over to the Painter newsgroup and ask for help there.

Hope this helps...
DannyR

Last edited by DannyRaphael; 02-21-2005 at 05:03 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2002, 12:29 PM

Carrie,

It sounds like Danny has provided a ton of relevant information for you. If you try all of that and/or still want to update your driver, check out this page. (I found this through a google search of GeForce and it looks quite promising - for any video drivers actually.)

Good luck!

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2002, 01:12 PM

I GOT IT!!!!! THANK YOU!!! Danm, I don't know what did it, but... I had already updated the driver (Thank you Jeanie) but that didn't work. Danny, I changed the Bitmap thing you said and nothing...then I was reading further and just popped back over to P. 7 and BOOM, it was fixed! Must've been the bitmap setting, but took a sec for it to take effect, I guess.
I can't thank you guys enough. ha, now I can get down to the biz of learning the thing. Thanks everyone for all the great info, I have more than enough to keep me busy for a while. WHEW, what a day!

Thanks all.
Carrie
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2002, 01:21 PM

Yeah!! (I know the elation when you finally get your computer to work the way you want it to! ) Sounds like you've been much more productive than me today. (Don't forget to get out and enjoy the spring weather - assuming it's a nice day where you are.)

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software