Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Corel Photo-Paint users?

Old 04-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Question Corel Photo-Paint users?

I just joined this forum and I was surprised on how little Photo-Paint talk there was. I use Photo-Paint because at my work we use Corel Draw, and Photo-Paint comes with it. I just bought it for my home use because I'm used to working with it. I've never used Photoshop. That seems to be the #1 program used here. Is it a lot better then Photo-Paint? I guess you'd have to have used both programs to know.

Are there any other Photo-Paint users out there?
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Re: Corel Photo-Paint users?

Hiya Tom
yea I've had years of useing Photo Paint, great prog, however since joining this forum and seeing almost everyone useing Adobe Photoshop I thought I'd try it.
I managed to inherit an older version (CS) from a photographer friend and, although it does take some getting into, it is much more powerful than Photo Paint for doing restoration in my opinion. Now I'm useing CS2 (friends got CS3) I'll try and answer any questions you've got, although I only do this sort of stuff as a hobby.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2008, 12:58 PM

I use Photo-Paint 10 once in awhile. Started with version 8 when it was right up there with Photoshop. I use CS2 95% of the time know but I still like to play around with Photo-Paint's plastic filter and the smear tool. I find CS2 is a lot more stable and there has always been a problem finding books on Photo-Paint. I just picked up Paint Shop Pro X2 and it looks like Corel is starting to incorporate a lot of the features from Photo-Paint into that software. I really like the Express Lab for making quick corrections. Not sure what Corel has added to Photo-Paint since version 10 but it has always been a fun program to play with.

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2008, 01:45 AM

I use Photo-Paint X4. It is a really great program for its price. PS and PP have their own pros and cons. There are alot of new stuff in version 14 and I'm really like it. I have the graphics suite x4 and PSP X2.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software