RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Please Help Me :(

Old 07-05-2008, 03:53 AM

Unhappy Please Help Me :(

Hi All,

I am sorry I have to come on this forum to seek help. I am dying to try some photos from the challenging galleries, everytime i go there to pick up a photo, my computer packed up on me, I cannot see any images even from google or the web, I have to turn off my computer and put it back on again which is time consuming for me because I do a lot of accounting on my computer. Whilst having a break I like to pick up a photo and practice with, I see all those lovely photos from the challenge galleries and would love to have a go but i can't pick any picture.

Please please help me to retrieve some photos and have a go at them.

Many thanks in advance

helen
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-05-2008, 07:03 AM

Re: Please Help Me :(

hi,
there could be several reson why..... not enough details to pin it down... but few simple things to try first....

1. i assume you have done your virus scans and anti spyware scan... if nothing to eliminate those possiblities...

2. go to your browser itolls>nternet options>advanced and under the multimedia section make sure " show pictures" is checkmarked....

3. purge your internet cache and purge your cookies and defrag....... defrag cures a lot of ill's ...

those are the first things i would try if that doesn't do it.... then look at other aspects of your system..
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio2263 View Post
Hi All,

I am sorry I have to come on this forum to seek help. I am dying to try some photos from the challenging galleries, everytime i go there to pick up a photo, my computer packed up on me, I cannot see any images even from google or the web, I have to turn off my computer and put it back on again which is time consuming for me because I do a lot of accounting on my computer. Whilst having a break I like to pick up a photo and practice with, I see all those lovely photos from the challenge galleries and would love to have a go but i can't pick any picture.

Please please help me to retrieve some photos and have a go at them.

Many thanks in advance

helen
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-05-2008, 03:50 PM

Helen,
Unfortunately, your post is in the wrong forum to receive a lot of support.

The cause depends on your operating system (Win vs Mac) and your browser.
Usually, it is associated with installing other graphics software.
Your best solution is to Google a phrase like "cannot view thumbnails Vista". Then review the results for a common thread to your setup.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-05-2008, 03:53 PM

moving this to the software forum where, hopefully, it will get more help
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2008, 12:34 PM

Thumbs up Re: Please Help Me :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryb View Post
hi,
there could be several reson why..... not enough details to pin it down... but few simple things to try first....

1. i assume you have done your virus scans and anti spyware scan... if nothing to eliminate those possiblities...

2. go to your browser itolls>nternet options>advanced and under the multimedia section make sure " show pictures" is checkmarked....

3. purge your internet cache and purge your cookies and defrag....... defrag cures a lot of ill's ...

those are the first things i would try if that doesn't do it.... then look at other aspects of your system..
Hi Jerryb,

Please excuse my delay in replying. I have degragmented my pc as suggested and it did work at some point, I managed to download some of the photos but again soon after I still can't see nor download any photo. I have no problems picking up photos from other forums on this site, but the minute I go to the galleries forums my it just destroy my pc, it's almost like a virus, I had problem over the weekend with it.

I do not know how I am going to post back some of the photos i've worked with, it's so annoying, why this is happening, i've even uninstal my virus scan, still having major problems.

anyway many thanks for your interest and suggestion, much appricated.

I shall keep away from the galleries forum, until I get further help.

best regards

helen
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyO View Post
Helen,
Unfortunately, your post is in the wrong forum to receive a lot of support.

The cause depends on your operating system (Win vs Mac) and your browser.
Usually, it is associated with installing other graphics software.
Your best solution is to Google a phrase like "cannot view thumbnails Vista". Then review the results for a common thread to your setup.
Hi TommyO,

many thanks for your reply, i've done what you've suggested and uninstall my photoshop 7 and it work at some point, buit i am still having huge problem with the challenge galleries forum, I shall keep well away from it for now, my pc was down over the weekend. I have no problems downloading pics from other forums on this site nor the internet, but as soon as i go to the challenge forums my pc packed up.

anyway many thanks again much appreciated for your reply.

best regards

helen
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2008, 02:08 PM

hi,
from your last 2 post.. it appears it primarly just with that one webpage.... obviously something peculier about it that your browser/system doesn't like.... not sure what route to go with it.. either install another browser like opera (it free) or try... turn off the your malware scanners and firewall .... see if that helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio2263 View Post
Hi Jerryb,

Please excuse my delay in replying. I have degragmented my pc as suggested and it did work at some point, I managed to download some of the photos but again soon after I still can't see nor download any photo. I have no problems picking up photos from other forums on this site, but the minute I go to the galleries forums my it just destroy my pc, it's almost like a virus, I had problem over the weekend with it.

I do not know how I am going to post back some of the photos i've worked with, it's so annoying, why this is happening, i've even uninstal my virus scan, still having major problems.

anyway many thanks for your interest and suggestion, much appricated.

I shall keep away from the galleries forum, until I get further help.

best regards

helen
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software