RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Photoshopuser TV and Miro

Old 07-15-2008, 02:08 PM

Photoshopuser TV and Miro

yep, tv for photoshop users i suppose it was inevitable

ok, there's probably a lot of you that already know about this and can better inform folks about what it is and what it does and what the content is about and so on. i'm not going to attempt that. i'll simply give you the link and how i found out about it.

the link is here: http://www.photoshopusertv.com/

and how i found it was through "Miro". Miro is this cool little program for watching television through the internet. ok, it's actually more than that. you can watch videos, podcasts, youtube and hundreds of other 'channels'. the folks at miro have cleverly bundled just about anything video/animated/television/movie/etc. into one huge package of 'channels'. and the list of these channels grows every day. the use of channels is simply a convention of putting similar things with similar things. so, you might have a channel of all youtube videos made by joe blow. that would be an example of a channel.

so, one of the channels was 'photoshopuser tv', which, is nothing more than a link to the link above and then fed back through miro's viewing system. pretty clever, no?

the point is, miro is doing the work for you here. you dont have to go out and do a google search on whatever. miro is going out and finding all the video on the net and packaging it through their software.

the really nice part is that miro is free. it's open source. here's the link: http://www.getmiro.com/ . i'll let them explain the rest but, i will add that miro combines two of my favorite things about the internet, clever and free!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-15-2008, 09:40 PM

Re: Photoshopuser TV and Miro

I love photoshopusertv.com!! It's really fun to see those guys explaining some tricks, i can't say that they'll tell you everything but everyone can find some interesting stuff there. I completely recommend this site!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-15-2008, 10:35 PM

http://www.adobe.com/products/mediaplayer/
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-15-2008, 11:44 PM

ah, so adobe has gotten into media players too. interesting. i've just installed it and tried it out. the player seems fine, but the programming seems to be snippets and trailers of programs... ok, that's not really fair. i've only looked at a couple so far, but each was just a snippet/trailer and worse, the snippet/trailer had ads within it. so, basically, i was watching an ad within an ad. sheesh! no wonder they can give the player away free. lol.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2008, 03:08 AM

All of the photoshopusertv's are there. All of the photoshop training (theres a lot) are full programs with no ads. some of the series are not complete like Katrin E's stuff.
The entire origional Star trek series was there, not sure if it still is.
Only thing I don't like is it is a HUGE system hog.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2008, 10:48 PM

thanks, crazyfly. i figured i was probably jumping the gun there. good to hear there's some good stuff there
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software