Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Adobe Pixel Bender

Old 07-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Adobe Pixel Bender

Adobe Pixel Bender "will be used in other Adobe products in the future" (quoting from the link posted below).

Learn this if you can. You won't be sorry.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Re: Adobe Pixel Bender

have you tried it out yet, doug? looks like filter forge or filter meister or one of those but in code/script (less visual than filter forge) and integrated to work with photoshop. so, for me, given that there are programs out there like genetica and filter forge, i'm not sure i want to lay out the time to learn a script/text/code type program.

nonetheless, being that it's adobe and being that it will integrate into some existing adobe products and more down the road, it may well be one of those 'bite the bullet and set aside the time to learn this' type situations

and regardless, thanks for the info
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-21-2008, 01:06 AM

John Nack (Photoshop project manager) explains why Pixel Bender will be so important:
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-01-2008, 02:17 PM

Hi Doug,
I've just had some talking with a friend of mine (a freelance C sharp programmer) about plugin writing/developing using PixelBender. As PB language seems to be very C-like, he shouldn't have too much trouble finding his way learning it (I'd like to use PB to develop some image enhancing ideas I'm playing with).
By the way, it's not clear (at least to me) how far we can go with PB: I mean, PB won't surely replace CS4 SDK. Chances are, for instance, that only via SDK you can make calls to PS filters. On the other hand SDK seems to be a royal pain in the neck, as I've heard - I'm not a programmer, so I must trust friends...
I've evaluated the possibility to use FilterMeister, but it would stick the project to PC platform - filter forge, another PC only environement is, IMHO, even less customizable (no code writing, very limited support of built-in filters).
I'd like to know the opinions of other PB code writers. Has anyone more info about its limits? I hope to have time to read more documentation about it!

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-04-2010, 02:00 AM

Found this site that has a few cool Pixelbender plugins. Just finished playing with Fractal Explorer and Droste. Pretty cool stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: png mandel_avatar.png (52.3 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by lkroll; 05-04-2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: added sample
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software