RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

I'm mad at Adobe

Old 11-04-2008, 07:03 PM

Re: I'm mad at Adobe

Hey, no problem, just go over to the competition. No ..... wait .... there is no competition. Call the anti trust lawyers! No ..... wait .... there are none anymore. They're all lobbyists now.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2008, 07:05 PM

Even when I call my local cable company for service I get someone from India....then I go throught the protocol that has been handed to them. For some companies you can get someone stateside if you call during the the week from 8 to 5. Nothing personal again India, but bottom line the technical Service just isn't there.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2008, 12:13 AM

Poor customer service is bad enough, but misrepresentation of the requirements to operate on your machine AND an unwillingness to make their error right is reprehensible behavior and bad business.

"And then she informed me that it's my responsibility to prove Mr. Martinez is not the rightful owner and that I'll also need to take the initiative in following up on this matter." - when the serial number was on the software box shipped to you (!!!) If your number matches the number they sent you, it should not matter whether someone else is registered with that number - it could be theft or merely a typo - but that's not the point - your number matches the number sent to you and there should be no further question - simply assist you in getting reimbursed. The idea of paying for shipping charges when there is no shipping involved makes my head explode, so I won't even discuss that part of the agreement.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Janitor

UPDATE:

I remembered that there is another 800-number for Adobe posted on their website, the sales number. From experience I know the treatment at that number is the exact opposite from the other number, they tend to bend over backwards to try and keep you on the phone (trying to sell you things).

So I called the sales number, was connected to someone in the US almost immediately. I apologized profusely for knowingly dialing the wrong number, but he graciously said it was OK and he'd be happy to try and straighten everything out.

And he did, or at least claims he did. Supposedly in a few days I'll receive a full refund. And bless his heart, after I thanked him and tried to hang up he kept me on the phone awhile longer trying to get me to buy something.

So, if you take nothing else away from this thread:
  • You can't upgrade suite components to the standalone versions and vice-versa
  • Don't ever let yourself be "handled", corporations count on your complacency
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2008, 11:29 PM

i'm somewhat surprised by all this, doug. the few times i've dealt with adobe over the phone i've come away fairly well pleased. but, i must have dialed the sales number; i never got the folks from india.

my nightmare sales experience was with a computer store i let service my computer once. so, glad you got it resolved
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-06-2008, 11:33 AM

Thanks for sharing Doug. It helped me understand a situation that I had with them. When I contacted Adobe and said I have these products, how much money to upgrade to a suite, they gave me a quote so ridiculous it would be cheaper to just buy the full suite and start over. But they never explained that there isn't a path from standalone to suite.

Diane
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-06-2008, 12:59 PM

Yes, going to the sales organization is always a good idea. They know that without satisified customers, getting additional sales is diffacult at best. They have much more incentive to make you happy, and sometimes even have the clout to make things happen.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-08-2008, 03:00 AM
Janitor

I just got an email from Paypal that my payment has been refunded (less the $6 shipping, but I won't even get into that).

So I am officially no longer mad at Adobe.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-08-2008, 06:22 PM

Instead of creating a new post "I'm mad at adobe II", I thought we could express all our frustrations here. See my earlier post above for previous history. I just bought CS4 Design upgrade only to have problems with the installation. The upgrade does not recognize the serial number of my CS3 Design package. I called sales and told them the story and the cut me off in the middle of my talking and connected me immediately to someone in India. Needless to say...no help. They told me to call back to technical support on Monday...I will keep you posted.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-17-2009, 06:53 PM

Glad I found this. I knew there was a reason I didn't want to upgrade. I'll stick with CS3 and be happy.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software