RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

How to adjust Photoshop Cs2 Cursor

Old 01-27-2009, 11:08 AM

Re: How to adjust Photoshop Cs2 Cursor

OK...this sounds interesting, now if I can just find the file. Need a little help here. I did a search for the file with CS2 closed. Nothing shows up. I looked in programs/adobe/cs2/....but can't find this file. I know how to look under the pref. with adobe open, but how can I delete it with it closed???? I am evidently missing something here. Sorry to be a dodo, but I will try anything that might help. Thanks again....hoping to hear from you soon. Norma
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2009, 11:48 AM

Thumbs up Re: How to adjust Photoshop Cs2 Cursor

Hi Norma -

Let's see if I can walk you through it. First, make sure you have Windows set so you can see all files and folders and extensions. Go to the control panel, double-click folder options, and choose the view tab. At the bottom of that menu, where it says hidden files and folders, check show hidden files and folders. Click apply and OK. Close the control panel. Open My Computer, double-click the C:\ drive. Double-Click Documents and Settings. Double-click whatever folder is your personal folder. Double-click Application Data. Double-click Adobe. Double-click Photoshop. Mine says 9.0 for CS2, yours may say something else. Double-click whichever one shows CS2 for you. Double-Click Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings. Delete the preferences file. Restart Photoshop. Reset your preferences from the edit menu in the program.

I hope that works for you.

You'd only be a dodo if you did not ask!

Gary
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
I hope that works for you.
And it didn't.....I so appreciate all the work you have done for me. Your instructions were perfect, but to no avail. I went back and did this several times hoping it would catch on. I notice all the keyboard shortcuts work except for when I'm in the brushes. Anything assigned to the brushes doesn't work???? Anymore ideas.
Thanks again for your help.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2009, 03:45 PM

Hi Norma -

Nope, I'm tapped out. You might want to look in the Window>Workspace>Keyboard Shortcuts and Menus.... There are ways to change and add shortcuts there. I have never used them - I mostly use the mouse to make changes. You might like CS4 as it has a feature that allows an alt key + right button drag to increase/decrease brush size.

Gary
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Patron

You will almost assuredly find a solution by posting your question on Adobe's PS User Forum found here:
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/w...1.bA4Ci62d4jx@
BTW, the correct way to reset your preferences is not to delete the file but to hold down the Alt+Shift+Ctrl keys while starting up the application. You will be presented with a warning dialog box asking you if it is OK to reset your preferences. Click OK.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2009, 05:00 PM

Hi Murray -

Actually, either way works, but by using my method, one can use a pre-set-up file to overwrite the corrupted file. Saves a lot of time. If I make a change to my preferences that I wish to keep, I save that file to an appropriately dated folder on my computer. That way, I can always go back and restore photoshop to a time when it worked, in case my last save was also somewhat corrupted.

I have not had a problem doing it the way I outlined.

Thanks for your input.

Gary
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2009, 05:46 PM

Thanks Gary and Murry...at least you guys give a civil answer. I just posted on Adobe as did Gerald and they weren't too promising to him. Evidently the techs there don't know anymore than anybody else or else don't want to take the time to help. Thanks again......Norma
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software