RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

How to adjust Photoshop Cs2 Cursor

Old 01-17-2009, 09:42 PM

How to adjust Photoshop Cs2 Cursor

I had just installed a brand new Photoshop Cs2. I'm restoring a photo and using the Clone Tool and Healing Brush etc. I would like to know how can I adjust the Clone Tool and Healing Brush cursors in Photoshop Cs2. I would like to using the left and right bracket on my keyboard also. I had tried to adjust the cursor with the left and right bracket but nothing happens. Thank you.

Gerald McClaren
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Patron

Re: How to adjust Photoshop Cs2 Cursor

Gerald, hit the Escape key or the Enter key before you try to use the bracket keys. The reason is usually that Photoshop was in the middle of an incomplete setting. For example if you changed the opacity of the brush and did not hit the enter or escape, the bracket keys will not work.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-17-2009, 10:24 PM

Are you using the SQUARE bracket keys?

Christine
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-18-2009, 11:35 PM

Hi! Mistermonday: I tried hitting the Escape and Enter keys before the brackets and the brush stayed the same size. The brackets that I was talking about are the following: [ ] I don't know if I didn't adjust something in photoshop during the installation for not adjusting the size of the brush. i.e clone, brush etc.

Gerald McClaren
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2009, 03:39 PM

Hi this is enjave/Norma....I just joined the forum and need the very same help as Gerald. I have tried all these things you have mentioned at no avail. I have gone into my keyboard pref. and checked everything out and all are set right. I even reset, but no luck. None of the bracket keys work nor do my arrow keys to nudge something in place. Anymore ideas anyone. I've been thinking of reentering PS altogether, but hate to go that route yet.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2009, 03:59 PM

You could try and make sure "Caps Lock" is off, strange things happen with Caps Lock on.

Peter
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2009, 04:04 PM

That was one of the first things I made sure of, but thanks anyway. Norma
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Patron

I have had the same prob at times and the solution I use is click on another menu item (like the Magic Wand) or anything else ..then back to the brush I need to adjust.. then everything works OK for awhile .. This may not work for you and it's a pain but works for me... A permanent solution ..I ain't got!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2009, 09:45 AM

Thanks, but still won't work. Sounds like your problem is the PS is just bound up and needs to be reset. After I have been working on PS for awhile, it will get slow and some things won't work and I just turn it off and reset. This problem has been from the start and needs a techs knowledge...I think..
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2009, 10:27 AM

Try resetting the preferences file by deleting it. Search for the file called: adobe photoshop CS2 prefs.psp and delete it. That will force Photoshop to write a new default file on restarting the program. Make sure you've closed Photoshop b4 deleting it.

I got tired of having to reset this file each time it corrupted, and waited until I got photoshop working the way I liked it, and made a copy of this file in another folder. Then, when there are malfunctions, I simply overwrite the corrupted file with the uncorrupted one. It works for me.

Gary Silverstein

weshoot.com
bilbord.com
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software