Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Beta Available for Photoshop CS4 Sharpening Panels

Old 08-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Beta Available for Photoshop CS4 Sharpening Panels

Well, one panel is available right now. The others should be available later this weekend or early in the coming week.

I've taken the TLR sharpening actions and created SWF panels. That gives them a snazzy user interface that's dockable in Photoshop.

That makes the actions a lot easier to use! The Flash .SWF panel for output sharpening draws on 43 actions across 4 different action sets. Much easier than scrolling down the Actions palette.

Once a panel is opened, it remains open until closed. That means you can dock it in Photoshop CS4 and it will be there everytime you open Photoshop until you close it. The panel is just a little larger than 200x200 pixels, and it can be minimized so it takes up almost no room at all.

My plan is to provide a UI for several TLR action sets first. Then I will make new UIs for the TLR sharpening and masking scripts.The user will be able to adjust the actual sharpening settings (not just sliders with settings like 0-5) and save their own presets.

After that, expect a bunch of new TLR tools for CS4 that sport .SWF panels. It has been the UI programming with Javascripts that has impeded my script development. Writing a UI with Adobe Flex Builder Pro is much easier than using Adobe's ExtendScript editor.

I hope everyone enjoys this new panel. I very much welcome comments, suggestions, etc. As I said, expect the full set of three panels -- capture, creative, and output sharpening -- by the end of the weekend or early in the coming week.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software