Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

cs4 help

Old 09-13-2009, 04:29 PM
cs4 help

maybe markzebra or someone can help me with this...

you know when you go into your hue/sat ad layer, and select let's say reds, and hold down shift or option to add / minus red there a way to quickly do that in cs4, like we did in cs3? i know you can click on the little + and - tabs at the bottom of the adjustments pallet, but that just slows the process.

little stuff like that is my only major complaint with cs4, there's some nice new features, but i work extremely fast in the program and everything i do is basically based on shortcuts, key commands and actions...let me know if anyone has a way around the clunky adjustment panel buttons.

i see that to toggle btwn points on a curve, you can hit the + and minus keys...which sucks for a righty like myself.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Re: cs4 help

The shift key adds and the alt key subtracts for me just like it did in CS3. At least it does on a PC. I am not sure if you are on a MAC or if the behavior you are experiencing is specific to MACs.
Yep, there are a bunch of irritating things like that in CS4. Especially for those of us who have been using PS for 15 years. There was a plugin that Adobe published with the release of CS4 that mapped all of the new shortcuts back to the old ones. It was a "transition concession" which will most likely not be offered after CS5 is released.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Re: cs4 help

yes, i am on a mac and it doe not work like it used to...and i never use any plugins that temporarily revert back to old settings, bc, well it's temporary like you said, and i'd rather just bite the bullet and move on with the times.

if anyone knows any shortcuts for toggling those buttons on and off, or going about hue/sat the old way i'd love to know,.

i've tried every possible key combination or idea i had, nothing so far.

but the toggle btwn curve points affects me the most...being able to quickly toggle with my left hand while tapping the arrow keys with my right hand was ideal. i guess technically theres a way to reassign that key to something on thje left side of my keyboard instead of + and - keys...i'll have to look into that.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software