RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Actions, brushes, swatches, styles, textures etc.

Old 02-01-2006, 10:08 AM

I need a preset brush

Hi
I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong section. I just need to download a preset brush that got deleted on my photoshop CS2. Its the dune grass. Can someone help me with this?
Thank you
Kelley
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2006, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneff
Hi
I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong section. I just need to download a preset brush that got deleted on my photoshop CS2. Its the dune grass. Can someone help me with this?
Thank you
Kelley
Hi Kelley...

I don't have CS2 installed yet, but in PS7 brush "Dune grass" is in the default brush collection. I would expect this would be true in CS2, too. Can't hurt to try, right?

Give this a go...

Open the Brushes palette, click the arrow at the top/right of the palette and choose "Reset brushes" from the flyout menu.

* If you click OK, PS will completely replace all the exting brushes in the Brushes palette with the original set. You'll end up with the brushes just as they were the day you installed CS2.

* If you click Append, PS will add the default brush collection to the end of the palette. This will preserve (not replace) the brushes are they are now. Afterwards you'll need to delete the brushes you don't want, as there will most likely be many duplicates.

Does this help?

~Danny~

Last edited by DannyRaphael; 02-01-2006 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Fix a typo.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2006, 04:48 PM

Smile Thanks

Danny...it worked! Thank you so much. I have tried to download that for three days straight now. Again, thanks a million!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2006, 06:03 PM

actions

Danny, I followed the directions you gave me, (at least I think I did) but I am evidently doing something wrong. Do you have any other ideas that you can give me? Thanks you very much for your patience.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2006, 06:06 PM

actions

Opps, I thought I was still on the page I put my post on yesterday. I was trying to get the actions downloaded on my photoshop, like the decrack action. Thank you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2006, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HroadhogD1
Danny, I followed the directions you gave me, (at least I think I did) but I am evidently doing something wrong. Do you have any other ideas that you can give me? Thanks you very much for your patience.
No worries. Hang in there... Once you get over this little hump, the lightbulb will come on and you'll be set for life.

To assess your experience, have you played an action before? If not, no problem. It's important for me to know so I don't make further assumptions.

Which of these steps have you taken? (I need to know how far along you got):
1. Downloaded the decrack .zip file from RetouchPRO onto your hard disk
2. Unzipped the .zip file and put the .atn file that was inside somewhere on your hard disk (Where? What folder?)
3. Opened Photoshop
4. Made sure the Actions Palette is visible (F9 if its not)
5. Selected Load Actions... from the Actions Palette menu
6. Found the unzipped .atn file on your hard disk and loaded it into the Actions Palette

If you got this far, why do you think there is something wrong? What are the indicators?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2006, 08:43 PM

actions

Well, you were right. I wasnt pressing the play button, I was pressing the record button. Thank you so much for your help. Oh, by the way, you were right about the H for Harley. I will see where these new actions take me. I love learning photoshop. It went real slow at first, but now its starting to pick up. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2006, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HroadhogD1
Well, you were right. I wasnt pressing the play button, I was pressing the record button. Thank you so much for your help. Oh, by the way, you were right about the H for Harley. I will see where these new actions take me. I love learning photoshop. It went real slow at first, but now its starting to pick up. Thanks again.
Glad to help whenever I can, but take some credit yourself. YOU figured it out. ("Oh, yeah. The ol' Play button. Been there/done that myself.")

Be patient... days like this come up once in awhile. PS can feel like a monster to learn, but can definitely be tamed. Next time you get stuck cut yourself a little slack, give it your best shot, then wave the white flag. No point spending hours struggling when willing help is at hand.

Keep on learning, havin' fun and ridin' that big Hog.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-31-2006, 11:53 PM

Question Eyelashes

I saw a post somewhere in the forums that is older i think, and it had an eyelash brush,... does anyone have this brush? When I tried to download it. it wouldn't download.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-03-2006, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pycw
I saw a post somewhere in the forums that is older i think, and it had an eyelash brush,... does anyone have this brush? When I tried to download it. it wouldn't download.
If you were looking here...
http://www.deviantart.com/view/18636533/

...it appears you need to be registered at that site (I'm not) and logged on in order to download files. Were you registered and logged on?

If you were registered/logged on, are you Mac or Windows? What browser are you using?

If you have virus protection in place or an active Internet firewall, those may be blocking the download.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software