RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Need slide video maker...suggestions

Old 12-26-2009, 06:48 AM

Re: Need slide video maker...suggestions

I'm using ProShow Gold by Photodex. Tried a few different slide show programs, liked ProShow the most. Not sure about learning curve, I found it fairly easy to use. Tons of transition effects, way too many in fact. Fairly good basic audio editing.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2009, 02:08 PM

Same problem. Steep learning curve. Too many ways to do too many things. It is capable of lots of stuff, but with the lack of documentation I am getting nowhere fast.

Plan to still keep checking out other software.

Steve C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog View Post
I too want what steve wants and for the past view months I've considered both Pro Show Gold and Magix. Most of the reviews I've read recommend Magix over Pro Show Gold. They say Pro Show is a steep learning curve without much documentation. I down loaded Magix for a 30 day trial, but I found a lot of time was needed to learn the program and the 30 days expired before I could spend the necessary time. So Steve let me know what you end up with and how you like it. Murray how is the learning curve for ProShow Gold. I also heard with Pro Show Gold that it would allow mp3s of copyright songs?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2009, 02:13 PM

Thanks Craig.......good info.

It will help as I am still digging.

Steve C.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2009, 02:49 PM

hi,
learning curve... well that is going to be one of the issues... it like photoshop.. on one hand mspaint very easy to use but limited
and photoshop do everything but there learning curve....

what you may need to do is find a program that although is limited, but easy to use and there a lot of free plug in avail for all the transional effects or special effect you might need...

this will require you to know exact what you need....

I think it was krellen, he mentioned pennicle... i also had it , it was version 8 , old, but it was very easy to use, my opinion, the only drawback about it was it didn't have enough special effects and special features.... proshow gold which i have always heard was fairly user friendly, was missing one imporatn ability... and i settled on ulead vs9... vs9 gret program but idin't think it was user friendly as the other but it did what i wanted...

you might look at pennicle... i didn't mentioned it before because version 10 and 11 poor stability issues.. but the newer version i hear seem to be better... now they have manual avail for download to look at it..... this link is for the ultimated collection......
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...mode=documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Conway View Post
Same problem. Steep learning curve. Too many ways to do too many things. It is capable of lots of stuff, but with the lack of documentation I am getting nowhere fast.

Steve C.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2009, 03:05 PM

hi again steve....

a couple of quick notes;;;

1. here another i have heard about and seems to be good.. they have different prices ranges and there webpage explain better than most it various products can do...
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/...egasfamily.asp

2. you might check out this forum at videohelp.com .... the forum has a lot people that use various different video editors... i would think it would be a great place to find info on what good....
http://forum.videohelp.com/editing-f...cb31ef4b2cb0f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Conway View Post

Steve C.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2009, 02:47 AM

Thumbs up Re: Need slide video maker...suggestions

Hi, Steve,
You can try Photo MovieTheater. It owns many transitions and effects. I think that is what you want.
http://www.etinysoft.com/slideshow-p...ietheater.html
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2009, 10:01 AM

I have been playing with Proshow Gold the last couple of days and it has, as someone said, a gazillion effects and transitions. In addition it has a 345 page PDF user manual that covers almost everything in the program. Turning out my first video was pretty easy with all the walk-throughs in the manual.

Seems also that each transition and effect, or most of them, have variations, zooms combined with wipes and fades etc. It is not what I would call inexpensive....around $70.00, but it's got great stuff.

So to all who were nice enough to give me some great info, I thank you very much.

Now all I need is the talent to put something interesting together.

Steve C.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2009, 10:53 AM

so..you decided to go with Proshow Gold?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software