RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Cs5

Old 05-16-2010, 06:09 PM

Re: Cs5

Skydog, if you still haven't gotten your free gift for updating to CS5, see the following link:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2806391#2806391

Ellie Dee
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-16-2010, 07:18 PM

thanks everyone...I will do as you say for quicktime and report back...and ellie dee..I will check out the free gift...why so complicated this time? Did anyone else choose their gift...and what did you take?
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-16-2010, 07:36 PM

Thanks, Ellie Dee - I hadn't noticed that at all, and would have missed it without your post.

skydog - one of the options is the 30 day free training at Lynda.com, so I chose it, again. I do plan on becoming a member when I get a bit of money ahead, but right now I'm going to enjoy the free 30 days.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Patron

Thanks from me too, Ellie Dee. I was wondering why there appeared to be no freebie with CS5 like with CS3 and CS4. Now I know it was there all the time.

skydog - I really liked the 30-day Lynda.com subscription - so much that I'm now a member. This time around I got the Phototools 2.5. Financially, that was much more 'rewarding' (as long as you don't already have it).
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2010, 03:23 PM

i've only tried it out for about 20 minutes, i still don't understand why they changed the curves UI/keyboard commands..i'll see if john nack has a work around on his site...
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelzombie View Post
... i still don't understand why they changed the curves UI/keyboard commands...
What change are you referring to? Seems the same on my PC, but I know you are a power user, so there must be some change I haven't noticed.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2010, 06:27 PM

Lurch

Phototools 2.5 is free and Photoframe is4.5 is free and can be downloaded from www.ononesoftware.com/free

I did this and downloaded the fiters into the filter folder of PS CS4..however, when I open PSCS4 and go to filters they are not there...any idea what I'm failing to do?
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2010, 07:10 PM
Patron

Skydog, I believe you need to put them in the Plugins folder.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2010, 07:33 PM

i was referring to the keyboard commands from cs3: command click to set a point on a curve, shift click to set an eye dropper on the image and then control-tab to cycle through the points on the curve while i move them the arrow keys with an eye on the info palette..i can do that in cs5 but not with an adjustment layer
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelzombie View Post
i was referring to the keyboard commands from cs3: command click to set a point on a curve, shift click to set an eye dropper on the image and then control-tab to cycle through the points on the curve while i move them the arrow keys with an eye on the info palette..i can do that in cs5 but not with an adjustment layer
You may have already found this,but it's from John Nack's site "...
In Curves, is there a way to use control+tab to toggle through the curve points (like in CS3)?
Thanks!
[Yep, just use the + and - keys. See my previous post for other shortcut changes made in CS4. --J.] "

Also, from his previous post re: changes made in CS4 --
Pressing the = and - keys (what most users will think of as plus and minus) puts focus on curve points, then cycles through the curve points. Previously this behavior was handled by Ctrl-Tab on both Mac and Windows, but as mentioned above, that shortcut is already taken in Photoshop proper, so it won’t work with the Adjustments panel-based version of Curves.

That still might not fill your need.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software