RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Cs5

Old 05-15-2010, 03:59 PM

Cs5

Has anyone gotten and played with CS5?
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Patron

Re: Cs5

Yes, it is awesome!
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-15-2010, 09:21 PM

When I've update in the past I always got a 30 day inivitation to Lynda.com and it gave me time to review some of the new features and/or their would be a training DVD include. This time nothing. I looked around the adobe site and still couldn't find any tutorial on the new features...where should I be going? There must be some free stuff out there?
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Patron

Skydog, if you are a member of NAPP, they have a video on every significant new CS5 features and a special CS5 addendum to the June edition of PhotoshopUser Magazine.
Adobe held a press conference on April 12 where they demo'd the new CS5 features for about an hour. That entire session was posted on their website. Lynda.com has released a bunch of new CS5 training courses, there is stuff at Photoshop Cafe. There is probably a ton of other stuff out there if you poke around.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-15-2010, 11:06 PM

Russel Brown has some tutorial movies.

http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html

I believe there are also some free ones on Lynda.com

Christine
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-15-2010, 11:49 PM

Skydog - I posted this days ago! -- Deke McClelland at Lynda.com - free videos demonstrating new features of Photoshop CS5 - videos

As Murray and Christine said - NAPP, Russell Brown, etc.

Tutorials for painting - twinpixels as well as Adobe's Julianne Kost --
new painting brush tips
Mixer brush

I really love this upgrade, although I'm still getting used to some of the changes (I moved from CS3 so there's a lot of new stuff for me). The interface is neater, the content aware fill works very well, the painting is fun (although I'm not a painter), the mini-bridge is very helpful, the latest Camera Raw is included, and I'm trying puppet warp on a project I'm working on - takes me some time to figure out where to place the pins, but it's fun while I'm learning (which is always true of Photoshop).

Last edited by CJ Swartz; 05-16-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-16-2010, 09:30 AM

My subscription just ran out at NAPP so I needed to regroup before spending more $. Just upgraded to CS5 Premium...I'm sure Lightroom 3 is just around the corner. Just looking for some free stuff until I rejoint NAPP. Again tutorials have been include in the past when upgrading...not apparent this time...
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-16-2010, 10:26 AM

I need some help. Russell Brown's video's are in Quicktime. I did install quicktime, but each time I try to load the program it wants to come up in Window Media Player. I'm sure there are some settings I need to change to get it to load in quicktime...I'm using Windows 7 and explorer 8. thanks
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-16-2010, 11:03 AM

Hi skydog, open a quicktime player and click yes to associate files with it in a pop up window (see the attachment below).
If this doesn't work, copy the link location & paste it in the field "File->Open URL" in a Quicktime.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg player.jpg (55.8 KB, 7 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-16-2010, 12:17 PM

Another way to change your file association for quicktime is to hit your Start button and do a search (in the Windows 7 search box at the bottom ) for "file associations" - the 1st choice may be "make a file always open in a specific application" - click on that and you will get a list of file types / file extensions. Look for ".mov" and click on it to change it from Windows media player to Quicktime.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software