Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

cs5 mask vs topaz remask,which is the best

Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Pictus's Avatar
Pictus Pictus is offline
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 93
Re: cs5 mask vs topaz remask,which is the best

Yes, 90% Vertus the rest 10% was CS5 or Topaz.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-09-2010, 06:00 PM
plugsnpixels's Avatar
plugsnpixels plugsnpixels is offline
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA area
Posts: 2,027
Re: cs5 mask vs topaz remask,which is the best

Masking is one of the most common but perhaps the toughest image editing task to undertake. It's good we have a wide selection of tools with which to approach the problem, so we can choose which works best for us.

See a pretty complete list of third-party masking options with screenshots and examples here (under "Selections/Masking").
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-16-2010, 06:41 AM
Uneternal Uneternal is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
Re: cs5 mask vs topaz remask,which is the best

I've tried Fluid Mask, Primatte and ReMask.
For me Fluid Mask is clearly the better program as it's able to remove a single colored background with a few clicks (sometimes just one!), you don't even have to tell the program what it should keep and where the edges are, as it finds the edges itself.
The only thing thats bad, is that it does not save your result in a mask, so it just completely deletes the BG

ReMask has a nice interface but basically does the same job as CS5 with a slightly bit more abilities to tweak a mask. If you own CS5 I advise saving your money as the quick mask tool along with refine edge does basically the same job.

Same goes for primatte. This program is only for filtering out single colors and its not even good doing this job.
Reply With Quote top

  RetouchPRO > Tools > Software

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Topaz vs Photoshop Tools MariusX Photo Retouching 0 10-26-2009 10:13 PM
Topaz Remask problem using ksimmonds Software 19 10-26-2009 03:34 PM
Tone-Based Mask Panel for CS4 gmitchel Software 4 08-14-2009 08:04 PM
Plug-In: Topaz Plug-ins Preset Sharing. jfdpl686 Software 0 07-29-2009 08:11 PM
Layer Tutorials..again? zip022 RP Tutorials 21 11-18-2004 11:10 PM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved