RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

questions about actions

Old 06-19-2002, 06:09 PM

Exclamation questiobns about actions

HOw do I stop an action I gotten from this site into keeping on asking me questions about inputs because I have an action batch that keeps asking me values and I hope to remove it. What does the enhanced mode in vb code does?
Is it possible to place music in a picture to be send via email? HOW?
ALso I would like to suggest a tutorial for layers because that is the hardest in learning photoshop. Is there a way for me to receive via email all the response I receive from my own thread to my email? THANKS!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2002, 07:50 PM

Re: questiobns about actions

Hi Garfield,
I'll do my best to answer some of your questions...

HOw do I stop an action I gotten from this site into keeping on asking me questions about inputs because I have an action batch that keeps asking me values and I hope to remove it.

If you click on the arrow to the left of the action name, it will "open" the action so that you can see all of the steps. Next to each of the steps is a check box. Turn off the check box for the steps that are asking you for inputs and that will stop the questions. If you're not sure which steps are asking, you can go to "Playback options" in the action menu and choose to playback the action with a pause between each step. That will allow you to determine which step is asking for input. Having said all of this, you don't say what kind of values the action is asking for and it's possible that not providing those values will cause the action to work incorrectly. You'll have to experiment.

What does the enhanced mode in vb code does?

I don't even understand the question. If you're referring to Visual Basic code, hopefully someone else can answer as I have no knowledge of it.

I don't know the answer to this one either.

Is there a way for me to receive via email all the response I receive from my own thread to my email?

Go to the User CP (bottom of the Forum menu), then click on Edit Options. Under Messaging & Notification, you want to make sure the "yes" is selected for "Use e-mail notification by default?"

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2002, 09:03 PM

Garfield,

You also requested a tutorial on layers. I did a quick Google search on "Photoshop layers tutorial" and came up with the following on just the first page. I'm sure there are others.

http://www.webreference.com/graphics/column32/

http://www.webreference.com/graphics...2/update1.html

http://www.psmeg.co.uk/pages/tutorials/layers.htm

Is there anything specific about layers that you don't understand that we might be able to help with? Otherwise the general tutorials above (and elsewhere on the web) are probably the best place to start.

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2002, 12:43 AM

Quote:
What does the enhanced mode in vb code does?
It changes the way the vB Code tags work and activates the Close Current Tag/Close All Tags buttons. Unless you are really into formatting your posts, you should never need to worry about it. I just leave mine on Normal.

Quote:
It is, but as far as I know you have to embed it into HTML formatting just like you would and then send the email HTML coded. In order for that to work, your recipient has to be able to receive HTML formatted email instead of just plain text. Someone else may know more about that one since I'm not too experienced with HTML code...

I'd also be interested in knowing what it is about layers that you're confused about...
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2002, 04:52 AM

Photoshop 6 and higher have annotation tools in the form of 'sticky notes' and 'audio'...which can be saved into PSD, Photoshop PDF or Photoshop TIFF - but the end user needs Photoshop.

Simply record the music into the microphone as you record your adio annotation (button earphones set to mono held tight against the microphone should do it, not sure about the sound level recording though).

All other methods that I can think of at this moment link to the audio file and do not add it into the native file data (text, raster etc) - so at least two files are needed.

Regards,

Stephen Marsh.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2002, 07:36 AM

Exclamation follow up question

Well, the question that I will ask is: You know of an action batch here that has reduce shadows feature and it always ask for image copy, gaussian blur etc. Is there a way for me to make it that this action batch I got from here will not ask me for inputs? Thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2002, 07:43 AM

Exclamation follow up question

Well, the question that I will ask is: You know of an action batch here that has reduce shadows feature and it always ask for image copy, gaussian blur etc. Is there a way for me to make it that this action batch I got from here will not ask me for inputs? Thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2002, 09:12 AM

Garfield...

To "turn off" the question and allow the action to proceed without stopping, you need to click the "dialog" column icon (2nd column), just to the left of the action step.

See the attachment to this post.

In each case the 1st statement in each pair will pause the action. The 2nd statement in each pair will run without stopping the action.

Does this help?

DannyR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg garfield-action-answer2.jpg (43.4 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by DannyRaphael; 06-27-2002 at 09:19 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2002, 04:25 PM

Lightbulb follow up question

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software