Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:42 AM

Hi, i do most or all of my retouching/editing in ps. I have just purchased lightroom, an old copy a few months back and wondered do people use lightroom for editing more or photoshop? I need to change my workflow so Im just curious for ideas
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2010, 04:40 AM
Re: Photoshop/Lightroom

For me it depends on the number of photos and what I want to accomplish. If I have a large number of shots (wedding, event, etc) I go with light room. If I have a specific photo that I want the best results or create something with I go with PS.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2010, 07:38 AM

Are you initially getting raw data? Other than the DAM functionality (Library), the Develop module is really intended, like Adobe Camera Raw for processing raw data. If so, you’d want to do as much tone and color work, and some selective work in Develop as possible, then render idealized pixels for precise pixel editing in Photoshop. Of course the Library module is great for keeping track of all your images. The Print module is worth the price of admission if you print a lot of your work. Lightroom is a parametric (instruction based) image editor. Photoshop is a pixel editor. Very different toolsets.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2010, 01:50 AM

I prefer in this light work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-02-2010, 03:03 PM

I found over the last 18 months I have moved almost all of my editing to LR. And now in LR3 the noise control is different/better and I find I need less sharpening as well. Still for more complex edits I have PS handy. It's just since the addition of the brush tool and it's cousins, I find almost no need for PS edits on my photo, again unless I need something special or extensive...

I do think I am using LR as a crutch to avoid really getting into PS though...still LR3 is really, really nice and quick.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software