RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Photoshop CS5 Extended?

Old 08-25-2010, 02:35 PM

Photoshop CS5 Extended?

Do any of you have CS5 Extended. If so, does having those extra tools htere distract from doing routine photo work? Also, do you find CS5 better than CS3?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2010, 03:40 PM

Re: Photoshop CS5 Extended?

Personally, I loved CS3. As a preference I preferred when you have multiple images the screens stay separated, oppose to tabs on the top of the screen. I also liked when you would do an adjustment mask, you would get it in a pop up window in the center of the screen, oppose to staying on the right panel.

Tho it could be because at the time I was really growing as a retoucher and became very comfortable and confident with my skills with CS3. A good retoucher can do just as much with any CS then the newest one, but its always good to keep up with the times. One of the best features in the newest software is the file handling, being able to tackle massive files without crashing and at a quickness.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-27-2010, 11:57 AM

It can load in a 64 bit version (not all of the addons have been updated to this though). Windows had this from CS4 on but Macs didn't get it until CS5. They've expanded some of the 3d tools in extended. CS4 and 5 have the option of Open GL support which does make screen redrawing and panning a bit smoother with a graphics card that supports this. It should be a notable speed increase over 3. I've used 5 but not on my own computer as it's not supported. Soon I change over hardware.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyL View Post
Personally, I loved CS3. As a preference I preferred when you have multiple images the screens stay separated, oppose to tabs on the top of the screen. I also liked when you would do an adjustment mask, you would get it in a pop up window in the center of the screen, oppose to staying on the right panel.
FYI, you can set preferences for docked and undocked images in CS4 & CS5.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software