RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Photoshop 7

View Poll Results: What Version of Photoshop you're using?
What's Photoshop? 0 0%
PS 5.x 1 3.70%
PS 6 4 14.81%
PS 7 22 81.48%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2002, 08:08 PM

I am still learning photoshop 7 the healing brush and patch tool are out of this world the only complaint i have is that you have to use them on the original layer , youcan't heal or patch to an empty layer like you can with the clone tool . its kind of nice to leave your original layer untouched .
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2002, 09:43 AM

You could always copy that background layer and do your healing on that layer.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2002, 10:35 PM

Talking

It came, it finally came!!!! I'm very excited, the package arrived this morning. so I now have Photshop 7. Illustrator 10, Livemotion 2, GoLive 6, InDesign 2, Acrobat 5 (plus I have my new graphire 2..) so if you don't hear from me in the next few days.. you can think of my playing with all my new programs / toys

- David
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2002, 11:20 PM

Wow - I think you're set for a while David!! Just remember that we're waiting to see what masterpieces you can create now. (No pressure though )

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2002, 06:13 AM

Denschneider writes:

Quote:
"I am still learning photoshop 7 the healing brush and patch tool are out of this world the only complaint i have is that you have to use them on the original layer , youcan't heal or patch to an empty layer like you can with the clone tool . its kind of nice to leave your original layer untouched ."
As DJ suggested, if working on 8bpc data then the background or current layer can be duplicated to heal on, preserving the original data.

Yes, the downside is that the file size is much larger than clone stamping to a transparent correction layer.

The goodnews is:

Isolate Healing Action

Photoshop 7 action to isolate the healing process when performed on the entire image or on larger selected areas. The result of this action is to mimic the effect of clone stamping to a transparent layer (the healing process can't be used to transparency).

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~binar...ateHealing.zip

Basically, I use a difference mask to expose the heal/clone and then to make a slightly expanded selection which isolates these edits and removes the unchanged data.

P.S. This action and a few others can be found at my website:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~binar...downloads.html

I have also uploaded actions to the following section of this site, as have many other members - it is worth a look as there are many goodies stored there.

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/sho...&threadid=2767

And a link to further links on the healing tools:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~binar...V_links.html#H

Regards,

Stephen Marsh.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2002, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeaniesa
Wow - I think you're set for a while David!! Just remember that we're waiting to see what masterpieces you can create now. (No pressure though )

Jeanie
well, you guys are just gonna have to wait to see my "masterpeices" before I get to do any of that, I have some REAL work to do. I got an order of 30 snapshots which need to be turned into website worthy photo's from the company that my Dad works for - very definitely a good thing, but darn it, I wanna experiment already!!! I guess I'll just have to be patient, and do what *needs* to be done first (hey, at least I'm getting paid for it ).

- David
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2002, 08:33 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Cool David! No doubt, you'll have your new toys paid for in no time flat. Have fun.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2002, 10:13 PM

David,
You sure have your priorities in order. Money first and play last. Sounds like a great job though. You'll have to tell us how you do. Hey, I would think this job on the pics would be a good testing ground for you new toys. I suppose you will do them in Gimp being more familiar with it. I just got Corel Paint and Corel Draw so I'm looking at the features they have. I'd say they are closer to Painter than PS so I have a bit to learn on them.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-17-2002, 12:19 AM

Hi Ed and DJ,

thanks! it's going quite well, so far. I'm actually just jumping right in and using photoshop instead of GIMP, and that's working out fine, since the tools are mostly the same (and I'm really liking the new tools, especially the healing brush - it's not perfect, but quicker to use than the clone tool) and I'm just learning everything else as I go pretty much. I love photoshop!!!

- David
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software