RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Artrage for the iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-28-2010, 03:18 AM
Nasturtium's Avatar
Nasturtium Nasturtium is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,123
Blog Entries: 34
Artrage for the iPad

DS (11) and I started messing around with Artrage on the iPad last night and it is addictive! Also pretty amazing what you get for the price. My only beef is that it's kinda fiddly getting images off of the pad.

But for abstract doodling. It rocks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 128-kartrage-ipad.jpg (130.0 KB, 28 views)
Reply With Quote top
  #2  
Old 10-28-2010, 10:45 AM
aartist's Avatar
aartist aartist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mid-West
Posts: 461
Re: Artrage for the iPad

Thanks for the info.
Just put it on my iPad too and like it a lot.

The iPad is a great device but you are right about "fiddly" when
it comes to transferring or printing data. Still enjoy it greatly
for consuming information.
Reply With Quote top
  #3  
Old 10-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Steve Conway's Avatar
Steve Conway Steve Conway is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,272
Re: Artrage for the iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasturtium View Post
DS (11) and I started messing around with Artrage on the iPad last night and it is addictive! Also pretty amazing what you get for the price. My only beef is that it's kinda fiddly getting images off of the pad.

But for abstract doodling. It rocks!
Could you elaborate on what you mean by fiddly transferring images from the pad? I am about to purchase one of these costly little buggers and don't want to buy any more trouble than I already get from my desktop. (Especially at these prices.)

Steve C.
Reply With Quote top
  #4  
Old 10-28-2010, 12:08 PM
aartist's Avatar
aartist aartist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mid-West
Posts: 461
Re: Artrage for the iPad

I haven't figured out how to print via my home wireless network using my printer connected to my desktop. I've fiddled plenty with it and am very ashamed or confused, depending on why.
Reply With Quote top
  #5  
Old 10-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Nasturtium's Avatar
Nasturtium Nasturtium is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,123
Blog Entries: 34
Re: Artrage for the iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Conway View Post
Could you elaborate on what you mean by fiddly transferring images from the pad? I am about to purchase one of these costly little buggers and don't want to buy any more trouble than I already get from my desktop. (Especially at these prices.)

Steve C.
You're supposed to be able to get the Artrage drawings off the iPad through iTunes (?) but we've found the easiest way is to mail them to ourselves. I suppose if you can read/write files to a network drive it won't be a problem.

If you have experience using your iPod as external storage you are probably much further along the learning curve than we are.
Reply With Quote top
  #6  
Old 10-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Steve Conway's Avatar
Steve Conway Steve Conway is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,272
Re: Artrage for the iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasturtium View Post
You're supposed to be able to get the Artrage drawings off the iPad through iTunes (?) but we've found the easiest way is to mail them to ourselves. I suppose if you can read/write files to a network drive it won't be a problem.

If you have experience using your iPod as external storage you are probably much further along the learning curve than we are.
Don't have an Ipod, so I will be starting from scratch with an Ipad.

Will have to do a little more research.

Steve C.
Reply With Quote top
Reply

  RetouchPRO > Tools > Software


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Software: ArtRage (free download) DannyRaphael Photo-Based Art 17 02-11-2010 12:52 AM
awsome! ArtRage awsom! stopa Software 1 12-15-2008 06:57 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved