RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Retouching softwares/plug ins

Old 11-18-2010, 05:01 AM

Retouching softwares/plug ins

Hi!
I don't ask this for myself but, for a friend of mine. I heard about "portraiture" and some other softwares. What are the ones that you use? Do you know a place somewhere where I can find an account/comparison of what all of these are achieving? I looking more for softwares than plug-ins and the simpler ones more than photoshop-like ones but any advise would suit.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by 4personnen; 11-18-2010 at 05:28 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-18-2010, 06:50 PM

Re: Retouching softwares/plug ins

Although I don't have a great experience but lately I've been testing some plug ins like: Portraiture, Topaz and Silver Effect, and also Skin Smooth. And doing some comparisons, I found that they are very good in some specific areas. But for "retouch" I believe Skin Smooth is the best. The others are good at some point dealing with, portraits giving that drawing/painting look, or some specific effect. Just in case here is the link for Skin Smooth http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...in-smooth.html

Last edited by Boneappetit; 11-18-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-20-2010, 11:38 AM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

4personnen, see URL in sig. It's a site dedicated to PS plug-ins and related digital imaging/productivity software, with screenshots and examples of each.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2010, 04:29 AM

Thanks a lot boneappetit and plugsnpixels, I forwarded the links for my friend, there seems to have a lot of stuffs available everywhere...It will keep him busy for a while...
Cheers!

Last edited by 4personnen; 11-21-2010 at 04:35 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-02-2011, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneappetit View Post
Although I don't have a great experience but lately I've been testing some plug ins like: Portraiture, Topaz and Silver Effect, and also Skin Smooth. And doing some comparisons, I found that they are very good in some specific areas. But for "retouch" I believe Skin Smooth is the best. The others are good at some point dealing with, portraits giving that drawing/painting look, or some specific effect. Just in case here is the link for Skin Smooth http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...in-smooth.html
Hello Folks!
may be I'm not using it in the right manner, but Skin Smooth doesn't give me good results. After applying Skin Smoot, picture look full of halos.
Instead I had good results with Portraiture (which somehow I dislike because Portraiture has a 'relevant' cost, which I guess is higher in Europe than in USA).
May be some of you can me explain if I did a mistake...
Thanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-02-2011, 09:10 AM

Hi Jarulex: I don't know how to explain in details how to use the plug-in, but you can check the original thread, where you can find different posts and info about using it. You can also ask "Shadow" who is the author of the plug-in for some tips. I'm not sure but I guess the plug-in works better with some versions of Ps depending if you use Windows or Mac. Just take some time to read the thread.

Regards
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software