RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Postworkshop: is this for real?

Old 11-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Patron

Re: Postworkshop: is this for real?

I used the Etching preset (saved a shortcut in my favorites; lol). I did blend some textures in GIMP; could have done all this in situ and eventually I will when I get the hang of things. Most settings have additional sliders to further control certain aspects. I played a lot with the Wobble setting for the doll render.

Please don't call me crazy since I'm going to answer my own question, but it is for real. lol

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2010, 10:44 AM

This is from the free edition of Basic.

Are there supposed to be 350 styles in Basic? I have downloaded some more, but I can't find that many included in the program. Maybe they are talking about if you add together all the possible combinations you could get that many.

Anyway here is a portrait.

Steve C.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aa Fran FIN.jpg (99.6 KB, 151 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Patron

No; Basic only gives you 50 styles and you can't save custom styles (very limiting for sure). Also, you only can render 800px (longest lenth) images which is very limiting imo. I broke down; no regrets. Like your result Steve.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkroll View Post
No; Basic only gives you 50 styles and you can't save custom styles (very limiting for sure). Also, you only can render 800px (longest lenth) images which is very limiting imo. I broke down; no regrets. Like your result Steve.
Thanks Lyle.

Tell me the way to update to Artist from Basic. It says that I can do this for $20 dollars more. Did you update from Basic?

Steve C.

Last edited by Steve Conway; 11-22-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2010, 11:59 AM

Thanks Murray,

I missed the coupon for the basic edition at first. All is working now.

This is really cool.

stock image from here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bride-papalegaus-edit-765082_92440274.jpg (74.0 KB, 156 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Patron

Excellent Nancy; what preset was that?

Steve; after you order the package, you then need to relinquish your basic license (under Help>Deactivate Serial Number). Then, close the application, open it and place your new license number where it tells you too. I got power hungry and went strait Pro (so no code for me; ). I never started with Basic; only Demo.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkroll View Post
Excellent Nancy; what preset was that?

Steve; after you order the package, you then need to relinquish your basic license (under Help>Deactivate Serial Number). Then, close the application, open it and place your new license number where it tells you too. I got power hungry and went strait Pro (so no code for me; ). I never started with Basic; only Demo.
Thanks much. With your help and my fumbling around I upgraded to Artist. All seems to be going well after switching serial numbers to up it from Basic to Artist.

Looking things over I think Artist will do me fine. Couldn't believe how many styles Artist added. I lucked out in that they had reduced it from $49 to $39, so had to grab it before they went back to the regular price.

If you are working with layers I might bother you for some info there. I want to place the original image on the bottom layer and the one I am working on, on the top layer so I can reduce the amount of the effect by reducing the opacity between the two layers. (If this can be done.)

BTW, one reason for the slow rendering may be not enough ram. It recommends 2 megs minimum and 4 preferred. I am running 1 meg and I find it a bit slow sometimes also.

Thanks for all the help.

Steve C.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2010, 04:26 PM

@Steve, in the bottom toolbar of the style layers panel there is a "+" icon. You can use it to insert a new layer with the original image under or above the current layer (use ctrl+click to insert under). Then you can change the blending mode and the opacity with the controls above the layers.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Patron

I usually start out with layers, but end up going to nodes for more control. Anyway, I was going to go the cheap route with the code, but said to myself that I might regret doing so if I didn't go pro. Just wish they, out of courtesy, would have offered the $10 coupon code for Pro too, but alas, not my luck. lol

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2010, 06:22 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

Thanks again for the heads-up about PostworkShop Pro! I love doing this sort of post-processing. PostworkShop reminds me of Filter Forge plus Studio Artist plus Snap Art all rolled into one.

Here are a couple of my results from today (Pro version), stacking unedited presets and messing with layer opacity and blending modes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pwspsunset.jpg (79.0 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg pwspsol.jpg (86.6 KB, 85 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software