RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Fft cs5

Old 12-19-2010, 08:20 AM

Fft cs5

I've used FFT by Alex Chirakov in the past, however, I'm having issues today trying to use it with CS5 (32bit or 64) W7. Anyone had success? If not Chirakov's version, do you recommend another?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2010, 06:00 PM

Re: Fft cs5

Not having any problems here, but i don't use the filter i use the action instead. I find it easier and works on larger photos.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2010, 08:40 PM

Point me to the actions...haven't seen it...thanks
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-22-2010, 08:07 PM

image analyzer also has FFT built in and is simpler to use than the FFT or the FFT RGB filters.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog View Post
I've used FFT by Alex Chirakov in the past, however, I'm having issues today trying to use it with CS5 (32bit or 64) W7. Anyone had success? If not Chirakov's version, do you recommend another?
I know this is an old post, but seeking for some help!
I just begin experimenting with photo restoration and came across the posts about the filters and actions for Fourier Transformation. I have the same issue as skydog. CS5.1 (32bit or 64bit) crashes everytime I tried to run a filter or an action for the FF. I tried also Image Analyzer but an out of memory pops. My system runs on Windows 7 /8GB memory. The photo I'm using is scanned TIFF 8bit RGB. I tried without compression and with LZW compression (no layers in either case), but the same problem occurs. Any ideas???
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuel View Post
I know this is an old post, but seeking for some help!
I just begin experimenting with photo restoration and came across the posts about the filters and actions for Fourier Transformation. I have the same issue as skydog. CS5.1 (32bit or 64bit) crashes everytime I tried to run a filter or an action for the FF. I tried also Image Analyzer but an out of memory pops. My system runs on Windows 7 /8GB memory. The photo I'm using is scanned TIFF 8bit RGB. I tried without compression and with LZW compression (no layers in either case), but the same problem occurs. Any ideas???
I use This one posted here by a forum member on Win7 64 bit/4GB RAM! No issues with it so far.

It is possible that there is something wrong with either hardware or installation or in fact many other things. As I can also run Image Analyzer in limited memory my suspicion as you also 'ran out of memory' with this application is this could be a memory issue i.e. bad or flaky memory or cards not seated properly.

Might be worthwhile giving Memtest86 a try.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony W View Post
I use This one posted here by a forum member on Win7 64 bit/4GB RAM! No issues with it so far.

It is possible that there is something wrong with either hardware or installation or in fact many other things. As I can also run Image Analyzer in limited memory my suspicion as you also 'ran out of memory' with this application is this could be a memory issue i.e. bad or flaky memory or cards not seated properly.

Might be worthwhile giving Memtest86 a try.
I raise the memory usage of CS5 and that seems to allow for a much better performance; no crash for the few tests I made so far. It seems that the plugins are memory intensive.

Anyway, I'll do the test with Memtest86, just in case.
Many thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software