RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Fft cs5

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-19-2010, 08:20 AM
skydog's Avatar
skydog skydog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carolina
Posts: 1,294
Fft cs5

I've used FFT by Alex Chirakov in the past, however, I'm having issues today trying to use it with CS5 (32bit or 64) W7. Anyone had success? If not Chirakov's version, do you recommend another?
Reply With Quote top
  #2  
Old 12-19-2010, 06:00 PM
unimatrix001 unimatrix001 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 400
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Fft cs5

Not having any problems here, but i don't use the filter i use the action instead. I find it easier and works on larger photos.
Reply With Quote top
  #3  
Old 12-19-2010, 08:40 PM
skydog's Avatar
skydog skydog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carolina
Posts: 1,294
Re: Fft cs5

Point me to the actions...haven't seen it...thanks
Reply With Quote top
  #4  
Old 12-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Craig Walters's Avatar
Craig Walters Craig Walters is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: somewhere over there
Posts: 8,786
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Fft cs5

image analyzer also has FFT built in and is simpler to use than the FFT or the FFT RGB filters.
Reply With Quote top
  #5  
Old 01-25-2012, 07:28 PM
manuel manuel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2
Re: Fft cs5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog View Post
I've used FFT by Alex Chirakov in the past, however, I'm having issues today trying to use it with CS5 (32bit or 64) W7. Anyone had success? If not Chirakov's version, do you recommend another?
I know this is an old post, but seeking for some help!
I just begin experimenting with photo restoration and came across the posts about the filters and actions for Fourier Transformation. I have the same issue as skydog. CS5.1 (32bit or 64bit) crashes everytime I tried to run a filter or an action for the FF. I tried also Image Analyzer but an out of memory pops. My system runs on Windows 7 /8GB memory. The photo I'm using is scanned TIFF 8bit RGB. I tried without compression and with LZW compression (no layers in either case), but the same problem occurs. Any ideas???
Reply With Quote top
  #6  
Old 01-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Tony W's Avatar
Tony W Tony W is online now
Senior Member
Patron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,415
Re: Fft cs5

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuel View Post
I know this is an old post, but seeking for some help!
I just begin experimenting with photo restoration and came across the posts about the filters and actions for Fourier Transformation. I have the same issue as skydog. CS5.1 (32bit or 64bit) crashes everytime I tried to run a filter or an action for the FF. I tried also Image Analyzer but an out of memory pops. My system runs on Windows 7 /8GB memory. The photo I'm using is scanned TIFF 8bit RGB. I tried without compression and with LZW compression (no layers in either case), but the same problem occurs. Any ideas???
I use This one posted here by a forum member on Win7 64 bit/4GB RAM! No issues with it so far.

It is possible that there is something wrong with either hardware or installation or in fact many other things. As I can also run Image Analyzer in limited memory my suspicion as you also 'ran out of memory' with this application is this could be a memory issue i.e. bad or flaky memory or cards not seated properly.

Might be worthwhile giving Memtest86 a try.
Reply With Quote top
  #7  
Old 01-26-2012, 06:47 PM
manuel manuel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2
Re: Fft cs5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony W View Post
I use This one posted here by a forum member on Win7 64 bit/4GB RAM! No issues with it so far.

It is possible that there is something wrong with either hardware or installation or in fact many other things. As I can also run Image Analyzer in limited memory my suspicion as you also 'ran out of memory' with this application is this could be a memory issue i.e. bad or flaky memory or cards not seated properly.

Might be worthwhile giving Memtest86 a try.
I raise the memory usage of CS5 and that seems to allow for a much better performance; no crash for the few tests I made so far. It seems that the plugins are memory intensive.

Anyway, I'll do the test with Memtest86, just in case.
Many thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote top
Reply

  RetouchPRO > Tools > Software


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FFT using Image Analyzer, Error skellington Software 7 12-28-2010 10:52 AM
Removing banding texture. FFT Filter for MAC? SBNL Photo Retouching 12 12-15-2010 05:17 PM
Photoshop CS5 worked in Mac OS Leopard??? ShogunSho Photoshop Help 1 12-09-2010 01:54 AM
Intuos4 ignores Photoshop CS5..please help! michaelbs Hardware 2 11-10-2010 02:17 PM
Install Photoshop Cs5 on a new machine peter king Photoshop Help 2 10-11-2010 07:55 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved