Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

The Use of "Portrait Professional."

Old 01-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Smile The Use of "Portrait Professional."

I wanted to report on my use of the software "Portrait Professional." I have to admit when I first downloaded it I thought this software was rudimentary and it wasn't very sophisticated. However after using it I have found that this software does a great job of head portrait work but you need to use it as an adjunct to Photoshop. It skips some of the layered effects. Contrary to what I had heard it can affect the rest of the image beside just the head part. For instance if you adjusting a tan the effect is seen throughout the image on the person being edited. I will note that doing an image right, even with this software, can seem indefinite but I am hoping with practice to cut down the time. One more thing about the software are the limitations for eye adjustment if the eyes aren't even or one eye happens to be larger than the other it can be a challenge to get the eyes right. When you try to enlarge the eyes to compensate for closed eyes I was unable to enlarge them and keep them looking straight and/or even. The software appears to adjust the position of the eyes in the socket which can lead to all sorts of strange looks. In conclusion I found it to be useful in editing portraits and did appear to have a time saving function over photoshop.

Last edited by sirrduke2010; 01-06-2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: I rephrased the information to make it more readable.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software