Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

MCH Multi Chan Hax

Old 01-24-2011, 12:59 AM
MCH Multi Chan Hax

Been awhile. Been more than awhile.

In Second Life I am known Abu Nasu. When I got into SL, there were a lot of 3d things in the default avatar mesh that I didn't like. This was exactly the kind of thing that I needed to get my brain working on solutions. From that came Multi Chan Hax, or Multi-CH or MCH. Or maybe it was just serendipity.

An SL user named Claire did some very awesome video tutorials showing what MCH is about and she gives a small sample of what it can do. The sample that she gives in the second vid is a small sample as MCH can do as MCH can do so much more.

I have bascically brought multiple mapping channels into Photoshop, further blurring the line between 3d and 2d software flows.

So much awesome on so many levels.
Rock on.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2011, 04:48 AM
Re: MCH Multi Chan Hax

Hey, welcome back. Yes, it's been going on two years since your last post.

Facinating stuff you're working on, I'm sure of great interest to 3D enthusiasts. Thanks for sharing this information.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2011, 01:39 AM

Thanks, but I won't be around for very long. Has it really been 2 years already? Time flies, so don't waste too much of it.

I've been getting into a totally different kind of pattern recognition. IMHO, once you see the patterns then you are golden. Mainly a wide variety of braiding and certain kinds of knot work. Friendship braclets, celtic knots, netting, and all manners of things involving string or rope. Finding patterns and aesthetics in photographs has wore me out for a bit, so I have turned more RL for my current swing. I have a barstool that I turned into in a marudai and I can work absolute magic with it. Not to mention the custom looms that I have made for more specific tasks.

The work that I have done with MCH is a little bit on the old side. Basically, Claire did some awesome tutorial work for it so I thought it would be a good time to get back in touch, even if it is fleeting.

After MCH I did a lot of vector bending work. I can do faux lighting on a 3d model in Photoshop with bump and all that jazz. Paint a bump map, turn it into a world normal render, and then light it up or give it reflections - all in Photoshop.

However, I did buy a medium-sized Bamboo Fun and I have been slacking with getting proficient with it. Maybe this coming week I'll make a visit or two to the artsy-fartsy side of these forums.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll start firing up PS more often. Get some Bamboo under my belt and then start looking for my next coding project. Actually, I think I do have another coding project. Tailoring for 3d models...

And I also came up with several ways of showing distortion for UV lay-outs.

Err, yeah.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-30-2011, 10:15 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist

Abu is operating on a whole different level, yow! Very impressive.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software