RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

clone stamp crosshairs disappeared

Old 03-08-2011, 05:44 AM

clone stamp crosshairs disappeared

Hi there,

I have a little but annoying problem.

The sampling crosshairs from the clone stamp tool & the healing brush just disappeared. That means I cannot see where I am sampling from when using these tools.

Does somebody know how do I get it back ?

Thx
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2011, 06:29 AM

Re: clone stamp crosshairs disappeared

click on caps lock.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2011, 03:43 AM

Well no ... and I was sure there would be some misunderstanding leading to that answer at some point ...

I didn't mean that my cursor changed shape into crosshairs or that I want my whole cursor to look like crosshairs ... which is what caps lock does.

What I meant is that when you use the clone stamp tool in its standard form, you have your circle indicating where you brush and at the same you have crosshairs indicating where you sample from. The latter crosshairs just doesn't display anymore for an unknown reason ...
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2011, 04:22 AM

Have you tried going into Edit/preferences and in cursors there are tick boxes for changing how they show?
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2011, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfya View Post
What I meant is that when you use the clone stamp tool in its standard form, you have your circle indicating where you brush and at the same you have crosshairs indicating where you sample from. The latter crosshairs just doesn't display anymore for an unknown reason ...
I have CS3 and there is a small tick box close to the airbrush icon on the top panel sais "aligned" - you can choose if your sample is taken always from one place or if is following your cursor. This "sample crosshairs" is showing only if you click on the image - it means it is not visible all the time.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2011, 07:51 AM

oh yes you are right Creativetouch .I got the complete wrong end of the stick there .
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-12-2011, 11:20 AM

Don't know if you figured out your problem or if this is the right answer, just trying to help.
Display The Cross Hairs
To set your Clone Tool to display its central cross hairs: from the top menu of Photoshop, choose Edit then choose Preferences then choose General then choose Cursors. Now, from the Painting Cursors menu, mark the Show Crosshair in Brush Tip box, then click OK.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfya View Post
Hi there,

I have a little but annoying problem.

The sampling crosshairs from the clone stamp tool & the healing brush just disappeared. That means I cannot see where I am sampling from when using these tools.

Does somebody know how do I get it back ?

Thx
HELLO, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM NOW WITH CS 6, earlier whn i had CS 5 the only way to get rid of this problem was to uninstall the whole thing and install again= then it fixed the problem. I WOULD NOT WANT TO DO IT AGAIN WITH CS 6 Unless there is no other answer.

Did you get any help ?
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2014, 11:42 AM

I apologize for bumping this thread, but I arrived here from google. This was the top result for problem the OP was having. Two other forums had the same question, with no answer.

After some fussing around, I discovered the problem. So for anyone else looking for a fix:

The clone stamp tool's source target indicator can be toggled by pressing CTRL-H (COMMAND-H for Mac), or the "Hide" command. Much like marching ant selection indicators, guides, and so on this little crosshair falls under the same category.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software