RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Power Retouche Plug-ins

Old 03-29-2011, 07:20 PM

Re: Power Retouche Plug-ins

Peter ... thanks for replying to my email regarding Power Retouche Plug-ins. I have been experimenting with the sliders, but find it a uphill battle. Since I already purchased the suite, I will continue to "play" with the sliders.

I must say though, that after having spent over $100USD, I found the tutorials to be nothing other that explanations of the particular plug-in. I thought there would be something more specific after I purchased them, but the tutorials were nothing other than what was on the site. I wish there was more than having to self-discover for myself. Although it may be a way and in this case a better way to learn them, it does take a lot of time.

I originally purchased the plug-ins for the Golden Section which is what I am concentrating on. It "seems" that my "intuition" is not very good when it comes to PPA Competitions. I have been working with the Golden Section and seem to have had "some" modest degree of success. BTW ... with my recent studies of the Golden Rule, I am convinced that this rule is extremely important in rendering the final photo.

Thanks again ... appreciate the dialogue.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-29-2011, 07:29 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

Nice work, Peter! I also use Jalbum when I put photo galleries online.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-30-2011, 06:16 PM

The real power of these filters is in their ability to work with light - Jan the creator is a painter so he has a good understanding of how important it is to be able to manipulate lights, mid tones and shadows in bringing out the best in an image. I am an Elements user and there's just no way I can get this kind of detail using their tools. Here is a simple work flow example where I walk through a the basic steps in working on a photo using what I consider some of the most important filters: Exposure, Brightness, Contrast, Ilumination Editor and Color Corrector. Each photo is accompanied by a brief explanation of what filter I used. This was just a quick edit for the sake of example of a view out of my window. Again, there are many sliders but on the most part I just use the ones in the middle. https://picasaweb.google.com/mikenki...09469740261746
Plugsnpixels, I visited your website but did not see a link to your jalbum album...
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-30-2011, 06:35 PM

Peter --- fantastic work and explanation. Although you changes "seem" subtle, the comparison of the last two shots is striking.

IF ... you get time, could you do a B&W conversion the same way... That would help since I am doing some B&W work now.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Patron

Hi Peter, I should clarify. I post personal galleries made in Jalbum when I need to share lots of pix with friends and relatives; the Plugs 'N Pixels main site doesn't make use of them.

For example, I used Jalbum to post my archival photos from the '70s online.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-30-2011, 08:49 PM

I see! The 70's...Nikon F, Pentax Spotmatic, Rollieflex, those were the days...
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Patron

Argus, then Canon AE-1! ;-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2011, 02:58 PM

Question Re: Power Retouche Plug-ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sellmer View Post
are many sliders but on the most part I just use the ones in the middle. https://picasaweb.google.com/mikenki...09469740261746
It may just be my setup, but there seems to be a lot of banding / posterization in the clouds, even in the original. Makes it hard to judge whether the filtration is damaging the photos.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software