RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Power Retouche Plug-ins

Old 03-23-2011, 01:02 PM

Power Retouche Plug-ins

I am looking for some input and recommendations on Power Retouche Plug-ins.

There are about 20 different plug-ins - just trying so see if I can get advice on whether to purchase them or not.

http://powerretouche.com/
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-24-2011, 07:55 AM

Power Retouche Plug-ins

Does anyone use Power Retouche Plugins ? I'd like to get some advice from you regarding the use of some of the plug-ins..
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-24-2011, 08:21 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

Re: Power Retouche Plug-ins

See here for my own examples using these filters.

It's been a long time since I created this page but I see he is keeping the plug-ins up to date (Intel-compatible, 64-bit, etc.). I will have to check back with him and get myself up to date.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-24-2011, 09:58 PM

Plugsnpixels ... awesome. I really like your examples. I am having trouble with understanding the application of the plug-ins. The tutorials are just modified explanations of each plug-in. I started out by buying the suite just for the Golden Sections, but again, I can't get the hand of it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-24-2011, 10:05 PM
Patron

Thanks, they were just quickies ;-).

The tutorials seem pretty thorough, so beyond that perhaps you'll want to pick a plug-in from the set and just start experimenting to see what it can do for a particular image. Make notes of what works for you, saving presets if possible for future use.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-24-2011, 10:18 PM

Well ... I did that and it sounds like a good strategy. But tell me how I would go about experimenting with the Golden Sections when I can't figure it out to begin with. In that, if I want an 8x10 crop, how do I set the Golden Section to fit that particular crop when I bring it into CS5? If I get one crop, I can then move on to other ones.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Patron

Ah. I wrote the developer about getting the latest versions, so I will wait and give that particular plug-in a try.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-25-2011, 09:15 AM

pllugsnpixels ... thanks. The developer responded this morning to my email to him and said that apparently there is something wrong with the application.

There is nothing wrong with my plug-in. I am just confused how to actually apply it to a picture. I assume that using the Golden Sections allows you to crop a picture to the Golden Sections. I just can't figure out how to do that.

Also ... in the Golden Section plugin, there is a Size Box Section (I don't know what that is for and how to apply it).

So ... to sum it up. I just need some guidance on how to actually apply and use the Golden Section to a picture of a certain size.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-29-2011, 06:18 PM

Hi,

I have been using the Plug-ins for several years now and find them to be a fantastic set of creative tools for demanding photographers - mind you, I am not professional but have found that these tools give me the ability to work with light, color and contrast unlike anything else available. By all means buy the whole set, Here are the ones I use all the time: B&W Definition, B&W Studio, Brightness, Color Corrector, Color Fringe Remover, Contrast, Exposure, Illumination Editor, Radial Density Corrector, Saturation, Soft Filter, Toned Photos and White Balance. Just start using them, experiment, don't worry about the "graduated effect" section in the bottom, I never use that - they are a bit daunting at first but once you start understanding them they will become indispensable to your work flow. To get acquainted just work with BRIGHTNESS and CONTRAST at first as they are the most essential. Once you master these then move on and experiment with others. I never use the "Golden section" by the way, just use your intuition to compose your photos well! Here is an album of a recent trip to Spain - all photos touched up with PR: http://jalbum.net/browse/user/album/790717/
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-29-2011, 07:06 PM

I had the plug in for some time. The only option I ever used was black and white, which I really like.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software