RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Lightroom WB selector question:

Old 04-08-2011, 05:21 AM

Lightroom WB selector question:

I have picked a RAW image in the Lightroom Development module. I choose the white balance selector and want this raw file to have the same WB as a tif file next to it. However, the WB picker/selector doesn't allow me to go down to the filmstrip and click a point in the tif file.
Is there a workaround for this? Of course sync settings doesn't work here because the tif file wb is zero and zero.
thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-08-2011, 09:04 AM

Re: Lightroom WB selector question:

Not sure I understand what you are asking. But let me say, one image is raw, the other rendered and even if you could specify the same value, that doesn’t mean it will match! More than likely dissimilar values will produce a match, again due to the vast differences in the two images. LR treats raws and rendered images differently (you can see the options change as you click on one, then the other). Apples and oranges.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-08-2011, 01:53 PM

Unless they were both shot under the same lighting conditions, you don't want both to have the same white balance.

Since you have both images and can easily compare, I would just manually adjust the RAW until it matches the TIF.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2011, 04:51 AM

Ok. I have a Guy Gowan color temperature fixer photoshop action that translates the image into a series of 10 squares that reflect the color cast of the image. You save this file and should be able to use square 4,5 or 6 as a reference. By wb picker clicking one of these squares you can colorcorrect the rawfile. It works in Aperture (Gowan uses Aperture). I am trying to figure a way to do the same in LR. Hence my question.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2011, 04:24 PM

None of the values from Photoshop (or anything other than ACR or LR) will correlate values wise. That’s due for a number of reasons, one being any Kelvin value is a range of colors, next, the processing in ACR/LR is totally different from Photoshop.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewrodney View Post
None of the values from Photoshop (or anything other than ACR or LR) will correlate values wise. That’s due for a number of reasons, one being any Kelvin value is a range of colors, next, the processing in ACR/LR is totally different from Photoshop.
You are right. So is there a way to make the WB picker work outside the selected image in the Development module?
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbs View Post
So is there a way to make the WB picker work outside the selected image in the Development module?
Nope, afraid not.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2011, 05:05 PM

Shame. I find it odd that the Guy develops a commercial action that only works if you happen to be an Aperture user also. Well well..

Thanks for your answer Andrew.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software