RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Here is FFT for 64 bit photoshop

Old 10-23-2017, 07:51 AM

Re: Here is FFT for 64 bit photoshop

Hey RONC, I tested the FFTrc plugin on my system (Win10, Photoshop CC), and didn't encounter any problems. Did you have a chance to work on the inverse function yet?
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-23-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manniac View Post
Hey RONC, I tested the FFTrc plugin on my system (Win10, Photoshop CC), and didn't encounter any problems. Did you have a chance to work on the inverse function yet?
Thanks for running a test. Perchance was it a dataset that got bad results from the normal fft rgb? I need to know whether there are any problems hiding in the rc version. I do have inverse running but my first go at my tests is delayed as I have health problems and can't do anything correctly so I am doing nothing per doctors. My mind is testing it but have limited computer use. Hopefully by week end I should be able to get going again.

Don't get old!

Will let know asap.
RONC
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-23-2017, 08:18 AM

Hope you get better soon ��
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2017, 12:02 PM

> Perchance was it a dataset that got bad results from the normal fft rgb? I need to know whether there are any problems hiding in the rc version.

There are problems that exist in both.
I just made a test image that fails and give a blank red channel after transformation with both the new and the old plugin.

1. New document. 9000x6000 px. Just random numbers I came up with. Pattern fill and flatten. Transforms great!
2. New document. 8292x5364 px. Just random numbers I came up with. Pattern fill and flatten. Transforming it now gives a blank red channel with both plugins.

So certain dimensions produce this bug. I don't know what the pattern is, but the main clue is that **round numbers appear to work better.**

Another problem I found is that the plugin doesn't work in CC2018. I get "Could not complete the FFT RGBrc1 command because of a disk error" when I try to run it. Same for the old plugin. Not sure what has changed in CC2018.

Last edited by Chain; 10-26-2017 at 04:07 PM. Reason: My mistake
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain View Post
> Perchance was it a dataset that got bad results from the normal fft rgb? I need to know whether there are any problems hiding in the rc version.

There are problems that exist in both.
I just made a test image that fails and give a blank red channel after transformation with both the new and the old plugin.

1. New document. 9000x6000 px. Just random numbers I came up with. Pattern fill and flatten. Transforms great!
2. New document. 8292x5364 px. Just random numbers I came up with. Pattern fill and flatten. Transforming it now gives a blank red channel with both plugins.

So certain dimensions produce this bug. I don't know what the pattern is, but the main clue is that **round numbers appear to work better.**

Another problem I found is that the plugin doesn't work in CC2018. I get "Could not complete the FFT RGBrc1 command because of a disk error" when I try to run it. Same for the old plugin. Not sure what has changed in CC2018.
Chain,
Thanks for helping me with tests.

I'm still having health issues so limited to cell phone.

The last problem is easy to solve. In the PS 2017 folder there should be files libfftwXXXXXXX. Please copy them to your PS 2018 folder.
The other problems I'll have to figure out.

Health issue not going away but should be able to program again next week hopefully.
Regards,
RONC
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2017, 04:08 PM

Thumbs up Re: Here is FFT for 64 bit photoshop

> The last problem is easy to solve. In the PS 2017 folder there should be files libfftwXXXXXXX. Please copy them to your PS 2018 folder.

You're right, I forgot about that one. I copied the dlls I found in my plugin folder but forgot the one in the program folder.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2017, 05:47 PM

Glad you located the file.
I'm still wheezing so not sure when I will be able to make progress again. Mind is going at high speed but can't do coding on cellphone without making too many typos.
RONC
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-27-2017, 02:54 PM

Cool Re: Here is FFT for 64 bit photoshop

Take your time, get healthy. As they say on every damn flight; help yourself before you try to help others!

The plugin is not in a rush at all. It is a very niche usage scenarios after all. I am disproportionally active in this thread considering I need something like this maybe once per 5 years.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-28-2017, 01:20 PM

Newbie Re: Here is FFT for 64 bit photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain View Post
Take your time, get healthy. As they say on every damn flight; help yourself before you try to help others!

The plugin is not in a rush at all. It is a very niche usage scenarios after all. I am disproportionally active in this thread considering I need something like this maybe once per 5 years.
Chain,

Getting healthy probably won't happen but relief might.

I'm disappointed that this plugin might be used only once every 5 years. My aim after fixing code is to demonstrate other uses and there are many if you know what to do. Did you know you can interpolate with it? Spatial filter? Many other things and much faster than space domain for large images.

I'm taking the meds like the doc says.

RONC
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-29-2017, 06:22 PM

The only practical usage scenario that I knew of for this filter was for removing/suppressing regular repeating patterns. Something no other filter in Ps can do at the moment.

The typical scenario are scans that either have a paper texture or halftone pattern. Not something I encounter often, but when I do it is the most powerful tool for the job. I do recommend the filter to others as well.

I would be very interested in learning about other interesting things someone might use it for.

And once the two filters are working I might try to see if I can make some sort of Action to help cover up stars faster. They are so symmetrical that I feel like a lot of work gets repeated when covering them. And is solid black the best approach? Hmm...

For v2 I would definitely love to see the filter work as a Smart Filter. The ability to just hit save while painting to have the result update in the main file would help me get better results - to see how each change affects the end result.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software