RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Here is FFT for 64 bit photoshop

Old 05-24-2011, 06:45 PM

Re: Here is FFT for 64 bit photoshop

Okay, thanks for your support :-).

I'll just work with cropped lower size images then and stitch them afterwards. Not the greatest way to deal with problems, but as long as it works, I'm fine with it :-).
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-02-2011, 11:38 AM

Great I had stopped using a lot of old filters/plugins to prevent having to drop out of 64bit so this helps just had a bunch of scans with paper texture and now I will try FFT (not used it for ages) rather than noise removal
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-02-2011, 08:10 PM

I dropped the filters in my filter folder but I see nothing when I I go to filters in CS5. Am I putting these items in the wrong location?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-02-2011, 09:17 PM

They are plug-ins, not filters. PS should find them if they are in the search path - and you should see them listed in help->about Plugin. Other than that, I have no suggestions.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-03-2011, 05:44 AM

I put moved them into the plug in folder...but again they are not showing up when I choose filters in CS5.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-03-2011, 06:01 AM

In the zip-file there is a readme that tells you where to put the different files.

There are different files/folders for 32-bit and 64-bit Photoshop. Also, it's not only the filter-files, but also a dll-file that should be placed in the Photoshop directory/directories. See the readme.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-03-2011, 05:32 PM

skydog, you're not giving us much information to help you with. Chain is on the right track, however. Always pays to read the readme. I have tested this only under windows 7, but in both 32-bit and 64-bit environments, and CS4 and CS5. If you put the plug-in into the plug-in folder of the version of Photoshop you are using, it will be found, and if you put the wrong version in, or omit the dll, you will be warned. So - in the absence of any warning, the only two possible errors that I can imagine are that you are opening a different version of Photoshop from the one whose plug-in folder you are putting the filters into, OR you are using a Mac, in which case, all bets are off.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-03-2011, 06:42 PM

I always read the "readme". I have windows 7. I had the original version..it installed and worked fine. I put the files in the plugin folder along with the dll. Again I see nothing when I startup CS5 and go to filters. Not blaming the program...I'm sure I'm doing something wrong...just haven't figured it out...just looking for some ideas.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-04-2011, 03:46 AM

Have you tried removing the old plugin first? Might be a conflict?

If you use 64-bit Photoshop CS5:
  1. Copy the .8bf-files from "\bin\x64" to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins"
  2. Copy libfftwx64_3-3.dll from "\bin\x64" to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)"

If you use 32-bit Photoshop CS5:
  1. Copy the .8bf-files from "\bin\x86" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Plug-ins"
  2. Copy libfftw3-3.dll from "\bin\x86" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5"

If this does not work, the readme suggests trying to copy the msvc*.dll-files to your C:\Windows\System32 folder (but you should already have them).
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-22-2011, 09:09 AM

Question Re: Here is FFT for 64 bit photoshop

Hi Cadencia,

your work is impressive, thank you.

But i have to agree with "Der_W"... I have the same probs - the red channel is completely white. Do you have a solution for that? I have PS CS3 32 bit on a Win 7 64bit, installation without probs, old Plugin removed - and i have 6 GB of RAM. So this should be not the problem?!

The picture i use has only 15MP 16bit rgb... was converted from 16bit grey bw- image...

At the moment, after FFT the "stars" and "stripes" are extremly lossy in contrast, a good removing/detcting is nearly impossible - i think that is a prob oft the white red channel...

If anybody knows a solution, please help.

Regards,
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software