RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Here is FFT for 64 bit photoshop

Old 01-12-2018, 11:55 AM

Re: Here is FFT for 64 bit photoshop

If you want for just Forward or Inverse you can have now. With Lum, Red, Green, and Blue how about when you arise tomorrow.

RONC
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-12-2018, 12:44 PM

Thumbs up Re: Here is FFT for 64 bit photoshop

Chain,

There is a copy of Ft_iFt.8bf and Ft_iFt.txt in the zip file. The 8bf goes where you do normally and the txt file goes in the root of C:\\ folder. The 8bf has file based dialog using txt file. Options are Forward, Inverse, Luminance, Red, Green, and Blue. The last four are used only if a Forward Transform.

The txt file has a free format where you can put the characters F or I, and L or R or G or B in it.

If this attached 8bf file is in the Photoshop plugin folder you will have to have the txt to run the Inverse transform. The Forward will run with Luminance. It ain't pretty but works for Actions and Scripts from a couple of tests I did.

CHEERS,
RONC
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ft_iFt12jan2018_txt.zip (13.1 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Ron Chambers; 01-13-2018 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Rewording.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-16-2018, 11:45 AM

Sorry for the late reply.

It works, but unfortunately going to c:\ to edit a text file to change it from forwards to inverse and back every time you run the filter (either manually or in an action) is more complicated and time-consuming than just clicking forward/inverse in the dialog.

I'm going to make an action that automates the entire process (forward, star removal, manual check, inverse), but I cannot have the action go and edit text files on the disk before each filter step. I guess it might work for some more complicated scripting though.

If it is hard to make an action record the option chosen by the user in the dialog, then skip it. It's not that important.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-16-2018, 12:47 PM

Unhappy Re: Here is FFT for 64 bit photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain View Post
Sorry for the late reply.

It works, but unfortunately going to c:\ to edit a text file to change it from forwards to inverse and back every time you run the filter (either manually or in an action) is more complicated and time-consuming than just clicking forward/inverse in the dialog.

I'm going to make an action that automates the entire process (forward, star removal, manual check, inverse), but I cannot have the action go and edit text files on the disk before each filter step. I guess it might work for some more complicated scripting though.

If it is hard to make an action record the option chosen by the user in the dialog, then skip it. It's not that important.

I agree but the dialog stuff is beyond me.

I do have a way if you are into scripting. Think of the script writing the text file just before the call to the plugin. After I looked at what is necessary for actioning/scripting to handle the dialog mess and I can't get the dialog squared I took a route that is use able but not pretty. Having two plugins like before and the mess that creates might solve it with no dialog. But then luminance only and no single channel and anything else that might help in picking. Fixing the FFT was my strength in this.

Do you want to take this to email and discuss and see what we can do?

RONC
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-16-2018, 02:05 PM

Give me a couple days and I'll get you a pair of plugins Ft and iFt with now dialogs. You get luminance or choose to do else outside of the forward one. Inverse has no need for a dialog now.

It is snowing here by the gulf of Mexico. 18deg F.

RONC
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-16-2018, 08:32 PM

A couple of days came quickly.

See attached for Ft.8bf and iFt.8bf which are forward and inverse options of the Fourier transform. Luminance is hardwired.

They show in Filter>RONC 2018> Ft 2-D... and iFt 2-D .

Let me know how they work please.

RONC ??
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ft-iFt_split.zip (25.8 KB, 4 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-17-2018, 12:36 PM

The two-filter solution solves the problem well enough I think. And then you don't need to worry any more about that dialog either.

---

I have now made an action that speeds up the star removal. It is semi-automatic, and will stop along the way to guide you. It requires the last actions you posted to be installed.
Please test if it works and is "easy" to use.

It will cover up a bit much of the horizontal/vertical lines (if you have them) and maybe the central star depending on the image. So half-way through it will stop and ask you to erase those bits. I had to do this as it's hard to get it to cover up stars very close to the horizontal/vertical lines without including the line itself. And removing too much or too little can make a big impact in these regions. It can probably be improved a bit further, but the variation between images is quite large and it's hard to find perfect settings that work in all situations.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FFT helper v2.zip (2.7 KB, 2 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-17-2018, 01:47 PM

Thanks for getting back. I'm going to remove the dialog stuff other than what I use for debugging. Then call it quits on it.

The big crossing lines and explosion in the middle could be copied to side and then reinserted after surgery you do so they aren't touched.

See attached spectra from the girl in the little squares outfit. It is padded before Ft to twice the size. I'm almost ready to send an action that does the padding for you. Also you might try the hipass filter and remove everything but the noise before Ft.

Will test what you sent and see if I can give any advise.

RONC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pimpleGirl.jpg (98.9 KB, 2 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-18-2018, 10:53 AM

Attached are the atn and jsx files for padding an image.

I took girl with the pimples and squares outfit and resized to 750x540 so I could remember the w and h while making the action. I input that to the action and resized again to 754 x 544 so there is an overlap as there is an edge problem on original image. Duplicated it twice.

Then I did a Canvas Resize to 1500 x 1080 with the three copies in the center

Took second dup and Flipped horizontally then used Offset by 752 px with wrapping on. Combined First dup and the processed second dup. Duplicated the combined dups. Call this H

Took the dup and Flipped vertically then used Offset by 542 px with wrapping on. Combined H and its dup. Call this HV and it should fill in the Canvas.

Apply a Gaussian Blur of like 25 or more px radius to HV.

Move original above HV and merge them. You should then have the original in the middle with a very smoothed version of HV. ATN finished.

Time for whatever process you wish to the extend original. After your process, do Canvas Resize to 754x544. Do Image resize to 750x540. Naturally you can substitute your image parms all through this,

Input needs to be Layer 0. Action will only double dimensions so half is padded on each side of the original. Will make script handle more if we like results of this version.

RONC
Attached Files
File Type: zip PadImage.zip (2.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Ron Chambers; 01-18-2018 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Comments.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-18-2018, 06:29 PM

Have a quick look at this please. Went through PadImage.atn then made into 32bit followed by Ft . Enough sharp stars for you?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9tk764xdl...32bit.zip?dl=0

RONC
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software