RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Here is FFT for 64 bit photoshop

Old 02-01-2018, 12:12 AM

Re: Here is FFT for 64 bit photoshop

Ok, I think I have the right files set up in the right directories:
Ft.8bf and iFt.8bf in Photoshop Plugins (These are now separate files.)
libfftwx64_3-3.dll in the Photoshop.exe folder
FT helper BETA v7.atn loaded as an action.

The process is initiated by running the action, not choosing a filter, correct?

Here's where I get confused concerning the eraser brush. Exactly what should I do and with what diameter brush? I'm just not understanding the directions correctly.

Thanks for help.
Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snip_20180201000618.jpg (17.5 KB, 21 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2018, 07:04 AM

Thumbs up Re: Here is FFT for 64 bit photoshop

Running the action is correct and your setup must be correct to get to where you have. At that stage, you will modify the plot on the screen using the eraser tool which is already setup. If you were to decide one of the dark circles was select in error by the internal algorithm, you would probably need to "erase" that circle by clicking on it once or twice. With my aim might be more. Once completed, you click the PLAY arrow on the Action palette and the job continues. (That is being changed as we speak as the next version will stop and you will then start part 2 of the action).

There is a video in the works also to show you how to use. Please holler if there is any question so we can address in the video or within the action.

CHEERS,
RONC
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2018, 01:49 AM

If you look at your image, there is a bright spot in the center, and a horizontal and vertical line running through it. The current layer is partially covering them up.

Use the eraser to paint over those to fully reveal them. Use whatever radius for the eraser that you find suitable for the task (it depends on the image). Try to not reveal any bright spots (small "stars") close to or overlapping the lines. Those should still be covered/suppressed (those bright spots are the frequencies causing the patterns in the original image).

Then press play continue the action.

---

The final version will be a little bit more user friendly hopefully, and a video will be included to show the steps.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-15-2018, 02:12 AM

I have used the fft plug-in a long time ago, and it was a good tool for descreening scans of magazine etc. Now after 10 or more years, I discovered the debuged 64bit version and the action (FFt helper v.7) Chain and Ron developed and I have to say one thing: You two guys are Gods!!! It run very smoothly and it saves my ass a big amount of time, because i have to scan old newspapers for a project I have taken. Thanks guys!! Thank you very much, you are lifesavers!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2018, 02:33 AM

Great to hear it works and is useful!

We have an improved version of the action (with three different "strength" settings) ready to go. We are just finishing a readme-file, and I will hopefully record a detailed tutorial video this weekend, and then we will publish it here as the official version 1. Make sure to grab that version when it arrives!

Edit:
Video made, but not entirely happy with the result (some very minor "mistakes", and we are discussing a bit about exactly what should be included in the video or not). Will find a time to re-record.

Last edited by Chain; Today at 05:02 PM. Reason: Update.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2018, 04:27 AM

That will be wonderfull. I 'll stay tuned to this thread. Thanks again guys, you rock!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software