RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Here is FFT for 64 bit photoshop

Old 04-23-2013, 10:50 AM

Re: Here is FFT for 64 bit photoshop

Hi, thanks a lot for this post.

I have a question. What is the real maximum size to use this pluggin?

Because if I try to apply in an image of 2895x4094, the RED channel resultant is a completely white image. However the same image resized to 2121x3000 works fine.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2013, 10:27 PM

HELP!!
I downloaded the FFT and IFFT from Cendcia's "dropbox" and after reading the brief instructions and trying several times to install for Photoshop 64, I got the filter to appear on the list but greyed out, so it doesnt run. I also noticed that I got a missing MSVCR100D.dll error, which I have been able to fix. I have unsuccessfully tried various things in order to fix the problem. The instructions say that if the filter does not run, to copy the enclosed files to the system folder. I don't understand what to do. Could someone please be more specific? The downloaded zip file contains quite a few files in several folders and sub-folders. Which to move? Also which system folder? there is windows\system and also windows\system32...

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2013, 10:32 AM

I've already posted clear instructions as well as a download mirror (look on the previous page). Hope this helps.

(Replace CS5 with whatever version you have).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain View Post

If you use 64-bit Photoshop CS5:
  1. Copy the .8bf-files from "\bin\x64" to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins"
  2. Copy libfftwx64_3-3.dll from "\bin\x64" to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)"

If you use 32-bit Photoshop CS5:
  1. Copy the .8bf-files from "\bin\x86" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Plug-ins"
  2. Copy libfftw3-3.dll from "\bin\x86" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5"

If this does not work, the readme suggests trying to copy the msvc*.dll-files to your C:\Windows\System32 folder (but you should already have them).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain View Post
Here, I uploaded my copy to my own site as a mirror.
Don't want this excellent plugin to disappear off the net!

www.rognemedia.no/diverse/FFT.zip

Here are two animated gifs showing how useful it can be:
http://www.rognemedia.no/pswishes/wp...012/06/FFT.gif (remove paper texture)
http://www.rognemedia.no/pswishes/wp...trumUR1960.gif (remove raster pattern)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2013, 05:11 AM

It looks like the libfftw3-3.dll is missing in the .zip-file (as downloaded from the Dropboxlocation). Where can it be found?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brjohan View Post
It looks like the libfftw3-3.dll is missing in the .zip-file (as downloaded from the Dropboxlocation). Where can it be found?
Download from my mirror... Download link is in the post above the one you just posted...
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-21-2013, 11:27 AM

Since i had written about 600 words describing my problem in a semi-articulate manner and the page decided i was not logged in so it vanished i wil now write a new version fueled by pure anger.

I had red channel problem, msvc fiddle fixed it.

still have some problem, FT not doing proper FT or i do something worng?

here is example

first image is original. second is duplicated layer after FFT+IFFT
third is background after FFT+IFFT second and third almost identical but inverted???

thank you and sorry for worst text ever
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Patron

It looks like you are doing it wrong and the second image after FFT+IFFT is showing the signs of it not being done on a flattened (background) layer. Not sure what is meant by the red channel problem and msvc fiddle? or why you have a duplicated inverted channel

Try following the tutorial here http://retouchpro.com/tutorials/?m=show&id=185 should help
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-21-2013, 01:04 PM

I am very sorry for this but as a dyslexic writing takes me a while and realizing that my text has been replaced by an irrelevant message made me furious. I shall rephrase.

I had the problem some other were having with the red channel coming up blank after using the FFT filter. I had downloaded the source zip, not the proper one. When i got it i just put the included msvc*.dll in the right place and i am not sure that it worked right away so i got myself some other msvc*.dll files since i had also gotten an error stating the lack of one such file. That seemed to fix my problem and the red channel started looking like a proper Fourier transformed image.

I made a demonstrative album, demonstrating my perils.

The first image is a very down-scaled version of the original (18Mpix).

In the second image i duplicated the background layer and applied the FFT and IFFT filters consecutively to the duplicated layer. This is apparently a wrong way of doing it.

The third image is made exactly like the second but the layers are not touched. The tutorial says that this is the correct method. What i intended to say, sorry(again) for the gibberish, is that i found it interesting that if i flattened image 2 and inverted it, it looked just like the third.

I tried scaling it down and now it seems to work correctly, among two other smaller test subjects. The problem appears to be based around the size of the image.

Sorry, again
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-21-2013, 01:54 PM
Patron

Not sure if I am correct but seem to recall a maximum image size of around 4800x4800 pixels quoted somewhere. Good to hear that you are at least getting a result now
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-22-2013, 05:21 AM

http://i.imgur.com/rQMfFXG.jpg - I had a super-quick go here. Pixel art is not the best for this I guess, but some areas turned out real nice.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software