Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

The Colour Watcher Tool

Old 05-12-2011, 09:31 AM
The Colour Watcher Tool

While browsing recently I came across this tool and have downloaded it and had a play. According to the author:
as a Serious tool
when Curving in Photoshop
- much better than Photoshop's Info Palette readings,
also useful when setting Black and White points
using the Dropper mechanisms
and when correcting colour casts
and for Fun
in helping me explore colour spaces and their channel values

It is a small application for Windows only (300Kb) that allows you to open several small windows and monitor a particular point - similar to info palette but with many more points and graphical display.
There is a cautionary note: the Watcher picks up screen RGB values and not the underlying image values and so there can be a slight difference depending on your current profile - but luckily it is accurate on Neutrals and Skin tones.

As yet I do not know how useful this may be or if the RGB values being monitor based rather than image based will be a huge problem. Anyway I have posted info and download link for those that may find it interesting. I would be interested to hear if anyone finds it of use

Information pages Here
It can be downloaded Here
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Re: The Colour Watcher Tool

I downloaded this...some time ago...played with it for a while and then, as I so often do, promptly forgot about it.

So - thanks for the reminder. It is a pretty neat little toy/tool. I've yet to put it to real use.

Curiously, on my 2-monitor setup the magnifier only works on my primary screen.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software