RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

PostWork Shop~Feel like a dummy...

Old 05-28-2011, 05:21 PM

PostWork Shop~Feel like a dummy...

There is no end to the projects that I've got scheduled to work on for friends & family. Unfortunately I was also becoming slightly bored w/ Photoshop (I use CS2, but sometimes go into CS4). So....after reading a bit here about PWS got all psyched and downloaded the $50 Artist version. But, alas, I feel like a fish out of water and try as I might, just cannot get the hang of it.

Is there hope for me? Any suggestions? The site called it a stand-alone or plugin, but it did not exist in the PS menu.
Well, maybe all I need is a bit of positive reinforcement.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-29-2011, 12:50 AM

Re: PostWork Shop~Feel like a dummy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veralisa View Post

Is there hope for me?
Yes! Of course there is. Tenacity and persistence may be required though. That's why I like video tutorials...if I watch it 1000 times, who will know?
Quote:
Any suggestions?
Yes! See the next comment.
Quote:
The site called it a stand-alone or plugin, but it did not exist in the PS menu.
"stand alone" means that it runs outside of PS (you should see the orange/black box icon in your program files). This means
  • you don't need PS (although it's a nice place to get your images ready ... and
  • you don't have to tie up PS while your picture is being rendered in Post Workshop.
Quote:
Well, maybe all I need is a bit of positive reinforcement.
Sometimes you just have to try, try and try again...You can do this!

So to recap;

get your image ready in PS.
Save it.
Open PWS from your program menu
Now in PWS go to File > Load image and get your file that you saved from PS

Double click an effect to see it or drag it onto your image (or double click the dice icon on the bottom to see random effects)

good luck!

- Nancy
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-29-2011, 03:57 AM

You did not mention whether you downloaded PWS 1.1 or 2.0? PWS 1.1 was only standalone, 2.0 can work as Photoshop plug-in, BUT the plug-in mode is not available in the Artist Edition, you need PWS Pro to use it as a plug-in.

As you have the Artist Editon, Nancy's comment about using it as a standalone program is right.

And you should have a look on the video tutorials on the PostworkShop site. 15 minutes later you will be able to use it.

Bela
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-29-2011, 03:58 PM

Thank you both for responding.
As much as I'd prefer a plugin, will have to settle for what it is (like Fotosketcher).

I've also tried to save any work moderately finished & I can't find the "save as jpeg" designation. I saw that feature in the introductory tuts, but maybe this time I'll try with my eyes open.

Again, thank you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Patron

On an earlier beta, I did try the PS plugin and it crashed; lol

I actually just use the stand-a-lone Veronica. It has several cool ways for editing (layers and nodes for instance). Nodes is the future of editing. 1000 times better then layers once you get the hang of it (and I'm not exaggerating; just wish GIMP would use Nodes; some talke of it doing just that, but it's still just talk). You can link different modules together to get pretty good results. With nodes, you can even create your own custome presets and use them for other images. That's the power of nodes (basically, it's like actions on steroids). Anyway, the best resourse is the PostworkShop site itself. I admit, i don't play too much with it right now (not in my binge zone at this time; lol), but it's an extremely powerful and becoming a full editor in it's own right.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software