RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

advice installing cs5

Old 06-14-2011, 04:14 PM

advice installing cs5

hi,
well my old win xp died along with my old cs1 so got a new system and here in a couple of days I'll have ps cs5 to be installed...

question very basic is there any special tips on cs5 install or anything to watch out for... I like the installation to go as smooth as possible without and glitches or surprises...lol

my new system is
win 7 pro 64 bit
cpu I7 3.2-3.45
9 gig of ram
the graphic card is
nvidea gts 450 it supports opengl and shader

i have already completely updated all windows, sound card and graphic card patches..

I am excited about getting back into learning ps and the new techniques doing things and maybe catchup a little to the experts...lol... although just a novice myself.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-14-2011, 07:58 PM
Patron

Re: advice installing cs5

Jerry, that's a very good setup for CS5, it will be blazing fast!. Just make sure to install the 64 bit version of CS5.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-14-2011, 09:54 PM

hi mistermonday,
thank you... I paid enough for it..lol....

I assume that it automtically detects what operating system you have weather 32 or 64 or is it obvious that you tell the software when installing what you have.

so far the system been fine although I hate the keyboard I'll probably replace it... the monitor looks ok.... but again I won't really I think I know for sure untill I start working with photoshop...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
Jerry, that's a very good setup for CS5, it will be blazing fast!. Just make sure to install the 64 bit version of CS5.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Patron

Yes. Actually the installer will install install the 64 bit version in C> Program Files and it will also install the 32 bit version in Program Files (X86). It will automatically run the 64 bit version by default but the 32 bit version is there and can be run if you have plugins and filters which can only run in 32bit. If you do have older plugins and filters, I recommend before installing them that you go to the manufacturers site and see if you can get versions which are 64 bit compatible and install those first.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2011, 07:06 AM

hi mistermonday,
Thank you very much. That is usefull info..

On plugin's I have one simulated hdr plugin I like very much and the last time i checked they hadn't updated it for 64 bit that i can tell..

Quote:
Yes. Actually the installer will install install the 64 bit version in C> Program Files and it will also install the 32 bit version in Program Files (X86). It will automatically run the 64 bit version by default but the 32 bit version is there and can be run if you have plugins and filters which can only run in 32bit. If you do have older plugins and filters, I recommend before installing them that you go to the manufacturers site and see if you can get versions which are 64 bit compatible and install those first.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2011, 09:11 AM

Jerry: If that plugin isn't updated, maybe you should try out Image > Adjustments > HDR Toning.
It might be able to do the same as your plugin...
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2011, 11:10 AM

Hi Chain,
Thank you for thetip...
oh i am sure hdr toning will do it ... i have never used since at the time I only had cs1 and it didn't have that or anything related to hdr.. smiling.. ... that why i bought this little plugin.

what the plugin did was make it very simple and easy to simulate a hdr on a single image... although i learned to use it in otherways... it reduced drasticaly for me, the amount of time required, the long meathod maybe 30-60 minutes the plug in a minute..

But definitely looking forward to try the hdr feature in cs5...
reallylooking forward to cs5 .. it will be quite a jump from cs1 ...lol.. so much new stuff to learn....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain View Post
Jerry: If that plugin isn't updated, maybe you should try out Image > Adjustments > HDR Toning.
It might be able to do the same as your plugin...
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Patron

If the plugin / filter is not compatible with 64 bit, it will automatically be installed in the appropriate folder within the 32 bit version of PS. When you wish to use it, you will need to Start the 32 bit version of PS from your Start>Programs menu. As you can see from the attached screenshot they appear as Photoshop CS5 (64bit) and Photoshop CS5.
Regards, Murray
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jerrb Screenshot.jpg (178.8 KB, 4 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2011, 01:41 PM

hi mistermonday,
that nice to know.... one less worry to be concerned about .. grin...
I am hoping by the end of the weekend i'll have all the software loaded.... and i can start playing with cs5...

thank you

Quote:
If the plugin / filter is not compatible with 64 bit, it will automatically be installed in the appropriate folder within the 32 bit version of PS. When you wish to use it, you will need to Start the 32 bit version of PS from your Start>Programs menu. As you can see from the attached screenshot they appear as Photoshop CS5 (64bit) and Photoshop CS5.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software