Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Adobe Photoshop CS5 Certified Expert (ACE) Tips

Old 07-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Re: Adobe Photoshop CS5 Certified Expert (ACE) Tip

Agreed. And frankly, good courses, good tutorials or good videos do help organize the needed material a lot better than Help pages organize the material!

I was just raising the point of being careful what to buy. Huge, expensive general-purpose Photoshop books might not help much when studying for the ACE exam. Focused courses, focused videos and reading the Help pages on which the material is based would be much more helpful for studying ACE exam material.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Smile Re: Adobe Photoshop CS5 Certified Expert (ACE) Tip

I actually watched the "Adobe Certified Exam Boot Camp" tutorial. First off let me say this, it was for the CS3 Exam, witch isn't much help if your looking too take the CS5 test.
Second, the most interesting and useful bit I found in the tutorial was actually the description about the test itself (like having two sorts of IDs with you to the test site).

Matt recommends three things for preparation and that is what I and jmgcg1 was talking about previously in the thread.:
1. Use bulletins in the study guide from Adobe.
2. Read the Help file/Manual witch shipped with Photoshop.
3. Buy the ExamAid software to try out your knowledge and too see witch sections from the study guide you need to improve on. This step was optional.

Matt also answers some FAQ about the test. He said that he got the question "is the test hard?". According to Matt, it's not hard but very through.
All and all, I have to say that it sounds like a reasonable study plan. However, you don't need to watch a tutorial too figure that out. You just need a RetouchPro membership

Regarding the book question, it seems like Adobe just asks questions from the different requirements in the study guide. Since the test has quite many questions I suppose reading books will fill your head with good information, however not very useful information in the context of taking the exam. Although I suppose very good knowledge of the program itself before deciding to take the test is essential. Then reading books and watching different video tutorials online is the way to go. Just speaking about the test though, Adobe says that they only use the different bullitins from study guide and make questions from that. Since I haven't taken the test yet, I can't confirm that.

Last edited by jhr; 07-05-2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: I forgot something
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software