RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Capture One Pro 6

Old 09-03-2011, 02:51 PM

Capture One Pro 6

I downloaded the 30-day trial of PhaseOne's Capture One Pro 6 after Natalia mentioned on her DVD that she prefers it for several reasons, including its tools for working skin tone.

I was wondering...do you use it? And if so, what do you consider its best features? I've only been using it for a day and it seems pretty sweet, though I could use some "make sure you check this out" tips.

Doug
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-04-2011, 01:09 AM

Re: Capture One Pro 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmcintosh79 View Post
I downloaded the 30-day trial of PhaseOne's Capture One Pro 6 after Natalia mentioned on her DVD that she prefers it for several reasons, including its tools for working skin tone.

I was wondering...do you use it? And if so, what do you consider its best features? I've only been using it for a day and it seems pretty sweet, though I could use some "make sure you check this out" tips.

Doug
A couple of months ago I downloaded trial versions of all major RAW converters. Yes, the skin tones, coming out of the Capture One, were the best. But in my opinion, the selection is not perfect enough and I prefer to make this kind of corrections within Photoshop. This is the reason, why I make only the basic corrections (which will give me the best possible result from the RAW source) within the RAW converter and the rest is done within Photoshop (as you are able to create better masks for example).
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software