Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

OT: Notron Ghost 6.0 bug...??

Old 07-27-2002, 10:40 AM
Exclamation OT: Notron Ghost 6.0 bug...??

Anyone here use Norton Ghost 6.0?

here's the problem:

When i want to make an image file of a harddisk partition, I can select any drive/partition I have in my system. BUT when i have to select a destination for the image file, I can ONLY choose from the A: and B: drives, meaning my floppy and zip drive...

So... Ghost DOES recognize all my drives/partitions, but somehow won't acknowledge them as a valid destination for my image file....

Any feedback welcome!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-03-2002, 08:19 PM
When you create the boot disks for Ghost you do so after having installed Ghost onto your machine. It then takes a snapshot of your system and its hardware and creates a boot disk that has the <ghost and <ghostpe directory and file respectively. If you try to use a boot disk from someone elses machine it will not work properly. Is that what has happened here?

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-04-2002, 01:04 PM
No, that's not what happened here..

I just found out... The problem is that I was trying to write the ghost file to an NTFS-formatted partition. You can use Ghost to make an image from an FAT32 or NTFS formatted disk/partition, but you can not write the image to an NTFS partition, only to an FAT formatted disk.
This, however is NOT in the manual... Got the answer from another ghost-user in another forum.

Apparently Ghost Enterprise is the only version that supports writing to NTFS partitions. So.. I bought the wrong version...I have only NTFS formatted disks now...
I'm gonna try to get a refund and buy the enterprise edition now.. In the meantime, I used Partition magic to create a 3GB FAT#@ partition to write my ghost files to, works perfectly.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software