RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

FFT plugin for Mac

Old 11-26-2011, 10:06 PM

FFT plugin for Mac

Hi,

I saw some comments regarding FFT plugin for Mac Photoshop. I have been using my own Photoshop FFT plugin for some stuff. I am making that freely and publicly available. Please visit http://djjoofa.com/download to download it.

At this stage it is only CS3, Mac OS 10.6.8. I might update it to CS5 if there is a demand for it.

The download package also includes another free plugin that measures detail in an image or an area-selection within it.

Hope you find it useful.

Sincerely,

Joofa
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-27-2011, 08:35 PM

Re: FFT plugin for Mac

The ReadMe doc says it has a 30-day timeout, after which a permanent one must be purchased. But the website solicits voluntary donations, with no mention of a demo period. Which is it?

Could you compile a build that will run under Leopard 10.5.8?

What does the licensewizard.app do?
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-27-2011, 09:04 PM

Hi,

There is no timeout in the plugin. The Readme does mention an expiration of status. However, since I have made it available freely, you can continue to use it for as long as you want.

LicenseWizard.app lets you acquire and register a free license for the plugins. Photoshop won't let you run it without this license. It is just a couple of second deal. You run it the program, ask for a free license and one will be automatically emailed to you right away. Cut and paste the license in the register section of LicenseWizard and you are good to go.

As far as 10.5.8 is concerned, though the plugin was built on 10.6.8, I would assume that it should work on 10.5.8. Let me know if it doesn't.

One more thing:

FFT plugin returns the following:

FFT magnitude plot in the "Red" channel. - This is what you want to play around with.
FFT phase plot in the "Green" channel - Probably not to be messed with, unless one knows what they are doing.
The grayscale image converted from the color image in the "Blue" channel.

Inverse FFT (IFFT) plugin returns the following:

Keep the magnitude plot intact in the "Red" channel.
Return the inverse FFT image in the "Green" channel. - This is the channel to use in any further processing of yours.
Keep the grayscale image intact in the "Blue" channel.

There is no image size requirement. Images can be any size, non-square, odd or even sized, etc.

And, you can also select an area of an image using the Marquee tool in Photoshop and it will only do the FFT/IFFT/DetailMeasure analysis in only that area. This feature is useful if you want to find image detail measures in different parts of an image using the DetailMeasure plugin.

Sincerely,

Joofa
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-27-2011, 09:17 PM

Thanks for the info.
The reason I asked whether you could compile a build that will run under Leopard 10.5.8 is that licensewizard.app's Finder icon has a cross through it and crashes upon launch, and with Photoshop CS3, all three plugins when invoked immediately give an error message that Photoshop doesn't have enough memory. (I have 4 GB with plenty of free memory.)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-27-2011, 09:44 PM

Oh okay, I guess then it may be that 10.5.8 is not letting it run. I think I can compile it for 10.5.8 while being on 10.6.8, but I won't be able to test it as I don't have 10.5.8.

Sincerely,

Joofa
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-28-2011, 08:23 AM

I'll be happy to work closely with you testing on Leopard. Another option is to run Leopard under VMware Fusion 4.1, which for a few fleeting days last week would load the regular client version of Leopard (& Snow Leopard), but quickly was recalled; v4.1.1 no longer will do so. v4.1 is all over the Internet, however.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-28-2011, 10:34 PM

Hi,

I shall be glad to assist in any way I can. Lets take this offline, and kindly contact me at my email and we can go from there.

Sincerely,

Joofa
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-13-2014, 04:44 AM

Have you done any work towards a plugin that works with Photoshop CC and MAC OS 10.9 yet? The previous version looks very useful.
Thanks
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2014, 07:09 PM

I pledge $10 to encourage Joofa to update for Macintosh Photoshop CC. Who will join me?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2017, 10:23 PM

hi, I'm trying to download your plug in but is no longer available, is there another place where i can get it?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software