Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Painting Hair in Painter

Old 08-05-2002, 09:36 PM
I'm happy I was able to contribute something useful for you. I had Painter 6 then upgraded to 7. I never really learned 6 well because there wasn't the resources available like there was for Photoshop. So it almost felt like a waste of money. When I got 7 and discovered this site I was impressed with all the capabilities Painter had to offer that I didn't even know about. It's every bit as powerful as Photoshop with accent more on artistic rendering. I always thought it would make a great partner with Photoshop so I'm thrilled with this tutorial as well. I watched the entire course but I think I need to go back through it again and work along side each tutorial. I'd like to get as comfortable with Painter as I am with Photoshop. Good luck on 7 when you get it. I guess we'll be learning it together. Have to check in on our progress from time to time.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2002, 01:33 AM
Why not start a Painter Can forum here. I've always wondered why only PS was offered. I have much to learn, and sometimes get totally stuck on some thing.
How useful was that movie tut, how much $ or did you cover this already?

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2002, 07:52 AM
There's nothing stopping us from starting Painter Threads but it won't be sectioned off until it gets large enough to warrant it's own area. I'm not sure if there's enough Painter people here to make it a seperate forum. But as in PSP 7 or Photo Impact or any other image editing, or painting software Retouch Pro is open to discussions. Photoshop is the big winner simply because it's the top dog in this field and most anyone who does anything is graphics knows Photoshop.

As to the VTC trianing, the course is 12 hours long for $99 and pretty much covers all tools, palettes, variations, all the brush dynamics and possiblilities but it doesn't really get into advanced techniques. I would imagine you would gain some useful information from it but whether or not that would be $99 worth I don't know. You use Painter far more than I ever did so you probably know most all the basics. As a Painter user, I was listed as beginner so for me it was well worth the money.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2002, 06:49 PM
Perhaps a Non Photoshop thread, that could encompass the other software used?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-26-2002, 11:58 AM
Thumbs down

Painter is a fairly pricy software from what I understand, I find PSP7 good for just about anything including making hair....its how you make your custom brush templates and application thats the trick
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software