RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Software Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Advertise Here

Save $100 off onOne Perfect Photo Suite 6

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Patron

Save $100 off onOne Perfect Photo Suite 6

Now only $199.95. Sale expires 2/15/12.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:26 PM

Re: Save $100 off onOne Perfect Photo Suite 6

onOne products did not play nice with my computer...three times now. Even a professional computer programmer couldn't get them to work. And, drat, I really, really wanted to use them. Is there a "secret code" to get them working on a 64-bit PC?

Janet
Old 02-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Patron

The complaints I've read here are all regarding Windows-based computers, so perhaps the diversity of hardware (especially video cards) has something to do with it (?). I don't have any such problems on my iMacs with the suites.

Here is the latest update working just fine on a 27" stock iMac, using a screenshot of your post above for proof.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg onone1.jpg (146.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg onone2.jpg (38.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-09-2012, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plugsnpixels View Post
The complaints I've read here are all regarding Windows-based computers, so perhaps the diversity of hardware (especially video cards) has something to do with it (?).
That pretty much confirms what the computer programmer said about the problem of sloppy code on the part of onOne programmers. If they can't interface with those who have PCs, then it is their problem not mine. How can a company with a supposedly high-end product tell users that it is for both Macs and PCs, sell the product, and then not have it work on a good portion of their market?

Thanks for letting me rant.

By the way, I'm using the onOne Suite 5. onOne has since released an upgraded suite. I have not tried the newer version.

Janet

Last edited by Janet Petty; 02-12-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Patron

I'll write my onOne contacts and see what they have to say. These guys have been coding plug-ins for a decade (going back to Extensis) so I would not expect "sloppy code" from them. Should this turn out to be the case, it would be unusual since Mac users usually get the short end of the deal with cross-platform products! ;-)
Old 02-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Patron

Reply from onOne:

"It is most likely the user's video card does not meet the requirements or just needs the video card driver updated. We have seen a ton of cases where the video card driver fixes all problems."

So it's not badly coded software, it's just demanding software.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Patron

Reply from onOne technical support for any others who might be experiencing video-card related problems:

"This error could indicate that your video card may not be compatible with our software or that your video drivers may need to be updated, our software requires a video card that has 256 MB of dedicated video ram with an open gl of 2.0 or better.

Here are instructions on how to determine if your video card is compatible with our software: http://www.ononesoftware.com/support/607/

Please make sure your video card is up to date:
You can check how current your driver is by clicking on the the start menu, right lick on "computer" go to properties, up on the top left choose device manager, double click on display adapters, this will show your video card, then double click on the video card and choose the driver tab and you will see the date.

If the driver is more than a month old, there is most likely a newer driver available directly from the manufacturer. Here are instructions on how to update your video driver: http://www.ononesoftware.com/support/1564/

We recommend going directly to the manufacturer's website rather than using the Windows Update driver tab. This way you are sure you are getting the very latest driver.

We have seen instances where getting the latest driver may correct some of the problems you may be experiencing, however, this does not circumvent our system requirements.

If this is the case with your PC laptop and you cannot get a more current driver, you will need to roll back to Perfect Photo Suite 6.01. You will first want to uninstall everything following these uninstall instructions:

http://www.ononesoftware.com/support/1463/

Then download and reinstall 6.01 from here:
Windows:
http://ononesoft.cachefly.net/suite6...uite_6.0.1.zip "