RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

A "Suite" price break path to CS6

Old 04-24-2012, 12:29 PM

A "Suite" price break path to CS6

Did not see this posted yet on these forums (sorry if it is a duplicate). For those of you that own an Adobe Suite Version e.g CS5 or before, there is an upgrade path that is worth considering for price savings. Including up to May 6th you can purchase an upgrade to the CS5.5 Suite version and included with that is a free upgrade to CS6. Why bother? It turns out that the double upgrade path can be substantially less expensive than upgrading directly to CS6. I just upgraded my CS5 Suite Master Collection at about half the price had I upgraded directly to CS6. For other Suite upgrades that I spot checked you can save $250 or more. The only downside of which I am aware is that the CS6 upgrade in North America is done by download and not available in box form. I can live with that for the savings. Here is the link to the details about the upgrade info/process:
http://store.adobe.com/store/en_us/popup/offer/cs55_cs6_faqchannel.html

It is worth a look. BTW, to get to the CS5.5 upgrade page, go to the CS6 pricing page and there is a link that asks "Can’t wait? Order the previous version now." That link will go to the CS5.5 upgrade page with all the details.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2012, 09:30 AM

Re: A "Suite" price break path to CS6

Thanks for this John!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2012, 11:37 AM

Your welcome. Double upgrading to the Photoshop CS6 Master Collection saves over $500. I probably would not have stayed on the Master Collection without this type of savings. I'm surprised it does not get posts on other forums.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2012, 02:17 PM

Yes, this is very nice … But what about people who were upgrading since September/October 2011? Adobe said, that people, who owns older version of their products will be not able to skip CS5 version and upgrade to CS6. In my opinion, all people, who already upgraded after their first announcement last year should get free upgrade to CS6 now. Why should we pay twice?

Regards,

Filip

----------------------------
http://shotworldwide.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Patron

From what i heard (dont quote me), they will allow CS3 and CS4 upgrades until May 6th. On May 7th going forward, it will be CS5 only.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeretouch View Post
Why should we pay twice? Regards, Filip
I think you could make a pretty good case if your costs for your double upgrade to CS6 were considerably more because of Adobe's announced strategy to only allow upgrade discounts one version back. I was told from a sale rep back last Oct/Nov or whenever it was that there may be special deals for those that upgraded only because of Adobe's announced strategy yet only if they call in. If I were you, I would push for a better deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofretouching View Post
From what i heard (dont quote me), they will allow CS3 and CS4 upgrades until May 6th. On May 7th going forward, it will be CS5 only.
No, Adobe announced that the upgrades for CS3 and CS4 would be good through the end of 2012.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2012, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wheeler View Post
I think you could make a pretty good case if your costs for your double upgrade to CS6 were considerably more because of Adobe's announced strategy to only allow upgrade discounts one version back. I was told from a sale rep back last Oct/Nov or whenever it was that there may be special deals for those that upgraded only because of Adobe's announced strategy yet only if they call in. If I were you, I would push for a better deal.
John, I am sure I am not alone as people on other forums are getting upset too. This is not a good business practice for sure and Adobe has to find a solution for this situation soon.

Regards, Filip

----------------------------
http://shotworldwide.com
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software