Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Question about showing clipping in Camera Raw

Old 07-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Question about showing clipping in Camera Raw

I have three questions about histogram in Camera Raw:

1) Sometimes I dont see any overexposed or underexposed areas on the histogram, but I can see it on the image whith shadow and highlight clipping function turned on. I am confused - is the particular area overexposed when the highlight clipping fuction shows it on the image or is it overexposed when histogram shows it?

2) Sometimes I dont see any shadow clipping on the image, but histogram shows it and it usually disappears only when I partially desaturate the image.

So there are obviously differences between clipping display on the image and the histogram. What are these differences? Sometimes I dont know what should I trust.

It seems the clipping display on the image shows when individual channels are clipped and the histogram shows only overal clipping. Am I right?

3) The third question is - is it a problem when only individual channel (color) have reached its max or min values? Or should I be concerned only when all channels (the overall luminance of pixels) are clipped?

Last edited by santoro80; 07-19-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software