RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Processing pics with Image Processor Pro

Old 02-17-2013, 07:50 PM

Red face Processing pics with Image Processor Pro

I have Photoshop CS6 with Russell Brown's Image Processor Pro installed.
I have the ongoing task of processing pics of different sizes and different width/height ratios.
I would like to get the following result using IP Pro (in collaboration with an action):
1. Downsize pic to 960 pixels wide (height doesn't matter, but needs to stay in ratio)
2. Watermark pic.
3. Save.
4. Creating a thumbnail of 320 x 213 pixels, without distorting ratio. This may mean downsizing to 320 wide with relative height, *then* cropping via Image-Canvas Size. Chopping a bit off is preferable to me than distorting the ratio.
5. Save the smaller version as 'Documentnamex' (i.e. adding an 'x' to the document name for the thumbnail.
I have 1-3 in an action and have used it for years.
But as for the task of a smaller thumbnail, kept in ratio but chopped and named with an x - I am stumped. I downloaded IP Pro for the task, but I can't get it to work.
If I save the original with IP Pro (at step 3), how do I then get it to make the thumbnail?
If I create the thumbnail in the action, *then* do 2 saves in IP Pro (thumbnail and 960 version), the bigger one will be pixelated (and no surprises there)
Summary: I want 2 watermarked versions:
1. 1234a.jpg: 960 pixels wide, height relative
2. 1234ax.jpg: thumnail, 320 wide x 213 high

Can anyone help?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2013, 03:06 AM

Re: Processing pics with Image Processor Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesfish View Post
I have Photoshop CS6 with Russell Brown's Image Processor Pro installed.
I have the ongoing task of processing pics of different sizes and different width/height ratios.
I would like to get the following result using IP Pro (in collaboration with an action):
1. Downsize pic to 960 pixels wide (height doesn't matter, but needs to stay in ratio)
2. Watermark pic.
3. Save.
4. Creating a thumbnail of 320 x 213 pixels, without distorting ratio. This may mean downsizing to 320 wide with relative height, *then* cropping via Image-Canvas Size. Chopping a bit off is preferable to me than distorting the ratio.
5. Save the smaller version as 'Documentnamex' (i.e. adding an 'x' to the document name for the thumbnail.
I have 1-3 in an action and have used it for years.
But as for the task of a smaller thumbnail, kept in ratio but chopped and named with an x - I am stumped. I downloaded IP Pro for the task, but I can't get it to work.
If I save the original with IP Pro (at step 3), how do I then get it to make the thumbnail?
If I create the thumbnail in the action, *then* do 2 saves in IP Pro (thumbnail and 960 version), the bigger one will be pixelated (and no surprises there)
Summary: I want 2 watermarked versions:
1. 1234a.jpg: 960 pixels wide, height relative
2. 1234ax.jpg: thumnail, 320 wide x 213 high

Can anyone help?
I don't have IP Pro installed, but just watched the video... Can you choose a different action for each output SET tab?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyRaphael View Post
I don't have IP Pro installed, but just watched the video... Can you choose a different action for each output SET tab?
I was curious, so I installed IP PRO under PS CS6. Indeed one can run a different action for each output set. Pretty slick.

So this is what should do the trick...
* create 2 actions: One for steps file size and watermark, the other for the thumbnail downsize (however you want to do it). Be sure both work the way you expect on single images.

Assumption: You're running IP PRO from Photoshop in order to specify a folder of source images

* File > Automate > IP PRO
* In IP Pro dialog:
....* Specify source folder
....* Specify destination folder
....* Set 1: Run" action 1, specify output format (assuming .jpg); choose "after image resize" (even though you're not using that option within IP PRO), turn OFF Resize to fit, specify file naming as needed
....* Set 2: Run" action 2, specify output format (assuming .jpg); choose "after image resize" (even though you're not using that option within IP PRO), turn OFF Resize to fit, specify file naming as needed, in this case add "x" using Custom text option; be sure to then choose "extension" as last part file name.

Click RUN... Let me know how it goes.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2013, 08:46 PM

had to try... see if this action does what you want to make a 320w x 213h thumbnail (assumes 72 ppi resolution) regardless of original image size and resolution.
Attached Files
File Type: zip resize 320w x 213h (2).zip (472 Bytes, 2 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software