Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

PhotoShop Version Cue

Old 03-02-2013, 06:24 AM
PhotoShop Version Cue

Hi there,

I use PhotoShop CS3 and Bridge. Having worked on an image and saved it, I usually move it to the relevant 'final' folder from within Bridge. Select the image, right click and select either Copy To or Move To.

But I always get a message telling me that Version Cue 3 or above should be installed. So I install it from the Adobe web site, activate it to start (Bridge Preferences) and all is fine. Until the next time I start PS and Bridge, and Version Cue has gone, the Pref. option is not checked and the 'You must install' message appears again.

What am I doing wrong and how do I correct it?

Many thanks

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-02-2013, 08:08 AM
Re: PhotoShop Version Cue

Cannot really offer much insight as to why this is occurring and the only suggestion I can think of is to completely uninstall then re install the Adobe software.

But AFAIK Version Cue is part of the Adobe Creative suite which provides collaboration and management tools between users and if you do not need these tools you should be able to uninstall this one item without causing any issues.

For a PC goto Control Panel/Programs and Features and click Adobe Cue and say yes to uninstall. Restart computer and see if this has solved the issue
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software