Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

E-Mail Screener

Old 09-03-2002, 11:54 PM
E-Mail Screener

If anyone is interested in a program which pre scans your e-mail, allowing you to "bounce" back unwanted items ( read: Spam or In Laws/relatives e-mails)..check out the link below for the free (contribution is requested by the author but not mandatory) program Mailwasher. Lots of info about it, what it does, how to use it etc.......Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-04-2002, 12:20 AM
There is also a new spam filter that works with the same idea as napster - one of the cofounders actually created this... it installs like a plugin for outlook and all the users can report spam by selecting the spam and clicking "block". It writes to a global database which is used to filter all users' email. Spam suspicious email will go directly to the "spam folder" the program writes in outlook. (At least this is how I understand it works) There is a little more to it and you can read the article at
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-04-2002, 01:07 AM
This looks as though it could be very useful, TG. I went back to using PMail about 5 months back, and what I've found useful is being able to delete rubbish off the mail server before downloading. I think it depends on the volume of spam/rubbish which hits your mailbox though.

Are the ads invasive? Also nice of him not to include spyware (I'd still check it with Ad-aware though )
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-04-2002, 07:07 AM
Not sure about the spyware. After installing Mailwasher and a couple of other utility programs, I ran Ad Aware and it found "Alexia" ( pretty common spyware routine) which promptly got sent to virtual Never-Never land....Tom
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software