RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Viewing sharpened image looks wrong on my NEC but

Old 03-09-2015, 05:13 AM

Viewing sharpened image looks wrong on my NEC but

Hi all,

I use Photoshop CC. Today I came across this image on my NEC where I sharpened and added a bit clarity image looks just to find that image looks very wrong in photoshop but OK in ACR. Then I uploaded same image with same settings on my MAc Pro Retina however image looked perfectly fine in both ACR and photoshop. Then I cranked up clarity to a max and sharpening in ACR to a max too 115 1.0 25 0 image remained fine viewing on both ACR and photoshop on Mac.
Here is upload:http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/...psqqtqidhi.jpg

I am using NEC Multisync PA241W w. Calibrated a week ago.
Thanks
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2015, 12:57 PM

Re: Viewing sharpened image looks wrong on my NEC

Still hope someone will come forward and give me advice..bump
Just to mention a couple of days ago I have connected my MAcbook Pro 2014 to the NEC display and had no problem whatsoever. Same image at same zoom level same settings...I begin to suspect it could be graphic card.

Last edited by nebulaoperator; 03-21-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2015, 01:10 PM
Janitor

What do you mean "very wrong"? And is it just this one image that is affected? And under Performance prefs do you have Graphics Processor enabled? Try toggling that last one, restarting, and see if there's a difference.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2015, 01:38 PM

Doug,

Have you looked at my link? There is image neck by neck. Do you see any difference? Most, would say all images affected. It started not long ago maybe few months.
Graphic perfomance is on here is my screenshot: http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/...pspxjdwqdi.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2015, 01:43 PM
Janitor

The NEC image seems noisier. What puzzles me, though, is that you can capture the difference with a screencap (unless you pointed a camera at the screen).
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2015, 01:56 PM

Yes it's noisier.If I gently zoom in and out I can see as if detail is failed to be rendered as if delaying to render properly. Sometimes it looks like noise especially when zoomed out smaller than "fit to screen" size and if zoomed a bit more it looks like tiny blocky clusters.

If you think graphic card is doing rendering for CC and CC translating it . While the screenshot is done not via CC . I don't know maybe GC is not coping anymore, maybe CC is not working properly.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2015, 02:02 PM
Janitor

My first impulse is that it has nothing to do with the monitor, since you can screencap the difference (which bypasses the monitor). And it is the same computer and the same Photoshop, so that only leaves the graphics card handling the two monitors differently for some reason.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2015, 02:14 PM

There is only one monitor NEC. Normally PC is connected to it . Same PC has "faulty" card. I also have Macbook Pro 15" which I connected to monitor via Displayport cable and image rendering was perfectly fine. Macbook Pro alone, also does fault free rendering on the same image, which leaves me to suspect GC on my PC.
At the first I was suspecting monitor but after experimenting it was deducted from the list.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2015, 02:17 PM
Janitor

Ah, ok, things a little clearer now. So you've taken the funny-looking file from one computer to the other and it looks fine? And you've taken a fine-looking file on the Mac and seen it turn "wrong" on the PC?
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2015, 02:24 PM

)..Let me try again:
"Ah, ok, things a little clearer now. So you've taken the funny-looking file from one computer to the other and it looks fine?" Funny file only looks wrong when viewed on NEC via my PC.( mind you I looked at RAW file)
Same RAW file exactly same settings viewed on MacBook Pro looks fine.
Same RAW file exactly same settings viewed on NEC connected to MAcBook Pro looks fine.
Out of three variables image looks wrong when my PC is used. We are getting there Hope it makes sense.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software